Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Technical
Technical Discuss different strategies and theories of the racing aspect.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 12:15 AM   #1
sihondasracer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sihondasracer Send a message via MSN to sihondasracer
Question race steup!....help?

okay in sept. ill be racing my 1991 civic hatchback.its lowerd oh coil-overs.but not a true coil-over setup.and i have 16 in. wheels ...p205/40r/16....um i need help figrin out what height to set the car.the weight mods. etc. anyhting would help..oh yea i have fut set of strut/sway bars and a 2 inch high...fuctional wing .so the angles to set that at would help..lol... anything!BTW road race.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #2
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: race steup!....help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sihondasracer
okay in sept. ill be racing my 1991 civic hatchback.its lowerd oh coil-overs.but not a true coil-over setup.and i have 16 in. wheels ...p205/40r/16....um i need help figrin out what height to set the car.the weight mods. etc. anyhting would help..oh yea i have fut set of strut/sway bars and a 2 inch high...fuctional wing .so the angles to set that at would help..lol... anything!BTW road race.

so what kind of racing do you want to do...autox, solo I, drag racing?

also i'm sorry but i cannot tell are you sarcasting about your wing being fuctional or are you serious?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
sihondasracer
AF Regular

no i was serious it does work.its not some huge gaudy "rice" wing..lol...um ill be doin road racing school. not really competing but itll will be at VIR raceway..um its the SCCA driving school.they said have your car setup as best as you can so..im goin out on a limb jus askin some opioions...thanks
Old 08-16-2003, 03:30 PM   #4
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Heres what you should do before attending racing school:

-Have your car inspected by a mechanic. Make sure there are no leaks of any kind or worn rubber parts. Make sure your blinkers, brakelights, and windows work. (you will be required to have your windows down while on the track) Also make sure your cooling system is in good working condition (you'll have your car at 4000+ rpms for 15-30 minutes)
-If it isnt already in there, flush your brake system and put in high temperature brake fluid.
-make sure your tires arent excessively worn.
-make sure your brakes are in decent condition. if your pads are close to needing replacement, get new ones BEFORE the racing school.
-On the day before, remove every moveable item from your car, including the spare and anything in the glovebox/ashtray.
-On the day before, put a little extra air in your rear tires, so that they are a little over stock. Put a little extra air in your fronts too, but not as much extra as the rears.
-Bring a backpack or bag, with some water/fluids and something to snack on. You should be able to put this in a safe place before taking your car on the track.
-Wear a long sleeved shirt and bring sunglasses. You will need a helmet, but they usually provide you with one.

Im not quite sure how adjustable your suspension is, but if you can make it a bit stiffer without making it lower then do so.

And as always, have fun. Track racing is 10x more fun than autox. I guarantee you will have a blast, plus you will come back with a lot more knowledge about racing and how a racecar works.
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Fliquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
sihondasracer
AF Regular

thanks man.as too the snacks and water,well were taking everything off before the race/school at the house then towing it down there.well be campin because my friend is doing it too.lucky him its a birthday present.
so yea ill take your advice and have fun.i cant wait.later