Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
public
AF Enthusiast

Cannot Wait to Buy One

Looks really nice.
public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Re: Cannot Wait to Buy One

The Lacrosse started showing up at the dealers this week.. Keep your eyes open.
GM Master tech
Licensed Aviation mechanic
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #3
public
AF Enthusiast

I will do that. Of coarse the the wife will claim it.

Yes, I am retarded.
public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

Ah, we just recently got a Black LaCrosse with all black leather interior, wood grain dash...niiiiiice, if they weren't so expensive i would have one right now.

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
-Josh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Cannot Wait to Buy One

Man, I really like Buicks. Got two of them but I wish they had kept the supercharged engine on at least one of the three LaCrosse models. Pontiac elected to put a 3800 Series III SC in the GTP and now the new GTX will be equipped with a 5.3L V8.

I'm old but not that old for them to have a limited choice on engine performance. I'm looking more seriously at the Pontiacs now versus the Buick.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
Gdubya
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Gdubya
bnaylor,
I'm in complete agreement with you! Sure wish that Buick would have kept the SC 3.8 for the LaCrosse. I drove the CSX before deciding on getting the CXL with the NA 3.8. Was not impressed with the new engine at all. I am missing the extra horsepower I had with the SC Regal GS I had been driving. Will be looking at different makes next time around!
Gdubya
Gdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubya
bnaylor,
I'm in complete agreement with you! Sure wish that Buick would have kept the SC 3.8 for the LaCrosse. I drove the CSX before deciding on getting the CXL with the NA 3.8. Was not impressed with the new engine at all. I am missing the extra horsepower I had with the SC Regal GS I had been driving. Will be looking at different makes next time around!
Gdubya
Hope you enjoy your LaCrosse. Still must be a great automobile, after all its a Buick. Based on what I am hearing, probably a good idea to wait and see if better engine options are offered the next model year.

My '01 Regal GS will be 5 years old then and should make for a good trade-in. I'm reluctant to switch over to Pontiac because of the flash and dash. I prefer a conservative automobile. Not getting any younger.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 04-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
Gdubya
AF Newbie

Naylor,
We are enjoying the LaCrosse, however it is taking some getting use to after driving the Regal's for so many years. Some things are greatly improved, such as the firmer seats with lumbar support - finally, interior quietness, remote start, excellent sound system (concert III with 9 speakers). However, some things seem like a step backwards, or not well thought out. Just discovered that the moon roof glass (while larger than the Regal's) does not retract between the headliner and the roof but instead goes back over the roof which creates a lot more wind noise inside. Have received several comments about the car seeming to be smaller inside than the Regal. One thing that might create that feeling is the center consol is solid from the dash down to the shifter which creates a "tunnel" for your legs. I find my right knee knocking against it a lot of the time. The thin chrome strip that runs the width of the dash creates a reflection that cuts squarely across the center of both outside rear view mirrors. I find it very distracting under certain lighting conditions. Cross winds have a BIG affect on my LaCrosse. Much more so than they did on the GS's. Of course the GS had a different suspension and larger tires but I don't think this car handles nearly as well on the highway. It tends to go its own way and you have to "steer" it or it will wander one way or the other. Think I will ask to have the alignment checked next time in to the dealer. The styling leaves me a little limp - it's not bad but not inspiring either! One last thing, take a look at the emergency brake pedal. Don't you think someone could have done a better job designing it so that your foot doesn't hit it when getting in or out of the car? Lota little things like that that don't impress me for a car in this price catagory (31K). Suggest you take one for an extended test drive before buying - make sure your happy with it!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #9
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Personally, I think this car looks OK but may tend to get lossed in the crowd. None of it makes me want to even test drive it.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
y2kpa2
Village Idiot

I Say Bring Back The Regal, Dependable And Durable, Mine is 17yrs old and still kicking. Even with 200,000+ on the clock
y2kpa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #11
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Regal Custom
I Say Bring Back The Regal, Dependable And Durable, Mine is 17yrs old and still kicking. Even with 200,000+ on the clock
The Regal, Lesabre, Century, and Park weren't selling that is why they are gone and now the only Buick sedan made is the Lacrosse.

If the new Buicks don't sell look for Buick to die off liek Olds did.
GM Master tech
Licensed Aviation mechanic
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #12
y2kpa2
Village Idiot

I Have Also heard that Pontiac might be on the chopping block if sales do not pick up
Old 05-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #13
BNaylor
AF Moderator

They ought to have all GM executives either committed or put out to pasture. Do they think Hummer and Saab are going to keep them afloat? All they have done with the cutting of divisions and introduced new dubious models is give Toyota a greater advantage. Toyota will be the next GM in less than 5 years. Mark my word! Its a shame!

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 05-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #14
y2kpa2
Village Idiot

Yeah I Heard Toyota is doing great these days
So I Belive what Bnaylor3400 said you just watch
Old 06-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #15
Gdubya
AF Newbie

Finally got my LaCrosse back to the dealer for alignment check. As I mentioned in my 4/28/05 post here, the car did not handle well at all! Tended to wander a lot, wouldn't track straight on its own and was especially bad in any kind of cross-wind. As usual my dealership experience was not great. Made a 9:30 a.m. appointment the day before and had the car there right on time. Handed the keys to the service advisor and started my wait in the customer lounge. (by the way I did add an oil change to the "to do list" when I talked to the advisor). 10:00 o'clock comes and goes, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30.......finally at noon the service advisor comes in, mumbles something about lunches putting him a little behind, and tells me that the tech says Buick requires that the gas tank be full before a proper alignment can be made to Buick specs. Obviously, no one has looked at the car until now. So off I go to find the closest gas station for a fill up. Then back to the dealer to continue my wait. 12:30, 1:00, 1:30....finally at 2:00 p.m, I hear my name paiged to see the cashier. "That will be $23.95 please" she says. No explaination as to what was done, if anything was wrong with the alignment, sorry for the wait, nothing. Just "please pay for the oil change". I did that, then I asked to see the service manager. "Unfortunately, he had to leave for a family emergency" I was told. I then asked to see whomever was filling in. I related to this fellow all that had happened to me, my four and half hour wait, the empty tank senerio, and how upset I was after making an "appointment" to find that It was really a "first come first serve" situation and I happened to be last that day, lack of any contact with the service advisor to inform me as to what had been done. More appologies, and excuses from this guy. He summed things up by saying that they did find a problem with the alignment and it took quite a while to get it all straightened out. I headed home. In conclusion, they did fix the handling problem. The car steers much better and does much better in the cross-wind. So, what am I to think....a $32,000.00 car that wasn't built right to begin with, and another bad service experience at a Buick dealership. Then GM wonders why their market share keeps dropping. As I have mentioned before, I will definitely be looking at other brands next time around.
Gdubya

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure