Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #1
CarloITA
AF Newbie

Missing Wire?

Hi everybody, I own an Olds Silhouette 2004 Final 500. I got it at an auction an I haven't noticed that a family of rats used to rent the minivan!
It was too late to cry so I disassembled almost all of the interiors, fixed around 20 chewed wires everywere. I fixed the water problem that ruin the junctions of the wires of the passenger side. I fixed leaking problems for cheap (cooler fluid and steering fluid). I fixed the harsh shifts of the transmission, i replaced the harmonic balancer, water pump, serpentine belt, I also replaced other parts bought from a scrap yard discovering that the silhouette, the venture and the Montana are the exact same vans! Identical!
I could say my van doesn't have any more secret for me... Or not....

I actually have two issue, if any willing guy would like to look in their cars and help me around I would very much appreciate it.

1) Issue number one: the box glove compartment doesn't have a light, I didn't find any wire or loose wire. Do you have any idea where to connect the two wires, I assume, of the light/switch?
2) Issue number two: Replacing the hot/cold blend actuator, driver side, in the area of the steering column, I notice that there is a harness that split in two parts. One of the ends goes to the hot/cold blend actuator, the other end of the harness ends with a connector 16 ways female with 7 wires/connections. Is this connector supposed to be loose? I perhaps found out that Is used to program somehow the HVAC motor? Or is another wire missing? Can you check in your car? I provided some pictures to help you find it.

I hope you are willing to help me and if you have any problems with your car, feel free to ask me, I might know the answer.

Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (256.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (268.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (199.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by CarloITA; 08-24-2016 at 08:16 AM.
CarloITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
CarloITA
AF Newbie

Re: Missing Wire?

Okay, perhaps I asked too much...
Let's try it simple, forget about the glove box light,

Talking about the "missing wire". Perhaps it is normal this way, perhaps it is not.

What I ask you gentlemen is: is anybody willing to look for that wire to see if it is connected anywhere? I just need one person to say that is not connected that I would know that it is okay the way it is.

Thank you!!!
CarloITA is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette