Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Vibe > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
nathyrin
AF Newbie

Question '07 Vibe MT, just bought, check engine light comes on, throwing 5 codes.

I went to the local car parts store and read the codes, I don't have them in front of me right now, but it was all about the emmissions control pump...(Circuit high, Circuit low, pressure high, pressure low) Anyone have any ideas what it may be? I do have a limited warranty on the car from the dealer. The retard behind the counter said it was probably the gas cap, so I replaced it and the codes came back after clearing them.
nathyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
procaddytech
AF Regular

Re: '07 Vibe MT, just bought, check engine light comes on, throwing 5 codes.

The EVAP system on a Vibe is a bit more complicated than any other GM EVAP system. I would recommend going to a dealership and asking if your warranty covers the EVAP system. Or get the codes re-read and post them all. There is also an ECM recall for 05-08 Vibes within certain VIN breaks. I can check with the last 8 digits of your VIN if you are comfortable with that.

Excerpt from description and operation:
The EVAP vacuum leak pump assembly contains the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor, the canister vent solenoid valve, and an electric motor driven vacuum pump. The vacuum pump provides pressure for leak testing when the engine has been OFF for at least five hours and the engine coolant temperature (ECT) is less than 35°C (95°F). If the ECT is greater than 35°C (95°F) after five hours, the diagnostic will wait an additional two hours. If the ECT is still greater than 35°C (95°F) after seven hours, the diagnostic will wait an additional two and a half hours. The pump assembly also has several internal filters and a 0.5 mm (0.020 inch) reference orifice. The reference orifice provides controlled movement of the pressure within the system, enabling the FTP sensor to accurately monitor system performance. The complete pump assembly is mounted on the EVAP canister, eliminating the need for additional hoses or lines for connections.
procaddytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
nathyrin
AF Newbie

7Z437372- is the last eight of the VIN.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
procaddytech
AF Regular

Your ECM was replaced 04/22/11 under the recall. The Emission Select Component Limited Warranty is good until 12/31/2015 or 80,854 miles, and the Powertrain Limited Warranty good until 12/31/12 or 100,854 miles. It MAY be a covered repair. I have repaired only one of those systems and I think there was a hole rubbed through a plastic line. That doesn't explain the circuit high/circuit low, pressure high/pressure low codes though. It is almost impossible to have a high and low code simultaneously, that is why the ECM came to mind. If you just purchased the vehicle from a dealership, and it does not fall under the emissions or powertrain warranties, maybe the used car department will cover it. It is just very hard to test without the proper scan tool and evap smoke tester. Hope this helps some. Will keep researching.
The Following User Says Thank You to procaddytech For This Useful Post:
nathyrin (08-09-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
nathyrin
AF Newbie

Ok. I reset the codes AGAIN the other day and the check engine light came back on a few days later with the same codes, this time I wrote them down. I beleive the code reader is an autox-ray brand if that makes any difference.

1. P2401-Evap emissions system leak detection pump control circuit low
2. P043E-Reference orifice low flow
3. P043F-Reference orifice high flow
4. P2402-Evap emissions system leak detection pump control circuit high
5. P2419-System switching valve control circuit low

Can anyone tell me what this jargon is all about? lol
Old 08-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
procaddytech
AF Regular

Sounds like a bad Vacuum Leak Pump assembly. All codes lead to this but cannot be sure without capability of commanding the components on and off and checking voltages and monitoring readings. Check EFI and EFI2 fuses, and the EFI relay in the underhood fuse block. (fuses not blown, relay fully seated) Wht/blk wire, terminal 6 at Vac pump should have continuity to ground.
The vacuum leak pump, the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor and the EVAP canister vent valve are all integral parts of one assembly. The assembly is attached directly to the EVAP canister, located near the fuel tank.