Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Too Many Old Cars
AF Newbie

Best Spray Equipment?

I'm looking to repaint a 1967 Mustang and have not done my own painting before. I've been looking at a Devilbiss hvlp (high volume low pressure) spray gun with three different size nozzels but it is pricey. The local hardware shop employee has a Huffty hvlp spray gun with a single nozzel he assures me will do a great job at about 1/3 the price. What is the best manufacturer to go with? worst? Is there anything I should look for in good equipment?

Thanks.
Too Many Old Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
BoricuaPaintFan23
AF Newbie

Re: Best Spray Equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Old Cars View Post
I'm looking to repaint a 1967 Mustang and have not done my own painting before. I've been looking at a Devilbiss hvlp (high volume low pressure) spray gun with three different size nozzels but it is pricey. The local hardware shop employee has a Huffty hvlp spray gun with a single nozzel he assures me will do a great job at about 1/3 the price. What is the best manufacturer to go with? worst? Is there anything I should look for in good equipment?

Thanks.
Too Many>It really depends on what you've looking to spend but in my opinion, Sata makes the best guns. They can cost up to $750 but you can get a Sata NR 3000 for around $500 in most places. As far as worst manufacturers, the main difference is the internal components and how likely they are to wear down over a period of time. Titan is a good example here where the gun is decent upon purchase but has internal components that are more prone to degrade over time.

Wait til you see my ####.
BoricuaPaintFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
BoricuaPaintFan23
AF Newbie

Re: Best Spray Equipment?

BoricuaPaintFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
devilbiss , equipment , huffty , paint
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General