Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Corsa/Barina
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 AM   #1
florino
AF Newbie

Unhappy The New Opel/Vauxhall Corsa

Hi,

I just bought an Opel Corsa a month ago. The 5 door model, 1.3 cdti 90 bhp. The car is really pretty and looks good. But it keeps breaking. I just have it a month now and:

- the first day I got home and I noticed the stop lights didn't worked and in the front I had only the fog lights. I called the dealer the next day and took it back. Apparently it was a loosed fuse. They replaced it or pushed it back in its slot and the problem was solved.

- after 2 weeks I noticed the heating of the back windshild didnt worked. Actually it worked only the upper half. I went back to the dealer and they said they have to replace it because a wire is interrupted. They ordered it and now I'm waiting to get it replaced.

- after 3 weeks my power steering stoped. And it stopped while I was driving. Fortunately I was in a parking trying to get out. Imagine what could have happened if I was driving faster, or taking a curve. It worked when I started the engine but after 5-10 seconds I heard a sound from under the car and then the power steering stopped. I got off to see if I hit something but there was nothing. I tried stopping / starting the engine twice but the power steering didn’t came back on. Although it’s a small car the Corsa is really hard to drive without power steering. Luckly the parking lot was close to my home. After I arrived home I tried again to stop/start the engine but the power steering was still off. The second day when I started the engine the first time I had power steering again as if nothing happened and from then I haven’t had problems with it. Anyway I asked the service to check it when they change my windshield.

Is there anybody else here who got the new Corsa? Does this car have this much issues or is it just bad luck?
florino is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Corsa/Barina