Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV
Falcon | Fairmont | FPV Australian and American versions. Includes the XR6 and XR8 as well as FPV models like the Typhon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:25 AM   #1
mike_d87
AF Newbie

Falcon Not Starting

hey guys. got an '82 falcon. hasnt been started for about 5/6 years. few years ago someone tried to start it but would only crank. they thought it was the starter motor. could it be stale fuel?? thinking about draining the tank, flushing the lines, putting some start ya bastard and carby cleaner through it and replacing the filter. neone reckon this will do it??
mike_d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:43 AM   #2
iorn eagle
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to iorn eagle
no start

i know when i let my 64 sit up for two years. i had to go threw the whole thing. i would start with a tune up the batt. check all wires the check starer. feul ect. you will have to check one thing at a time and mark it off as you go. even if you find it`s one thing you may want to change some of those wire gas, ect. you get what i mean. o and when you do get it running keep an eye out for leaks.
gone but not forgotten,
2004 buick rendezvous cx traded.
1997 nissan sentra gxe rip
1998 ford contur se sport
1992 ford excort lx hatchback
1980 chevy scottsdale 350,585 cranck hp
1987 isuzu pup
1964 vw bug
iorn eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:24 AM   #3
mike_d87
AF Newbie

Re: Falcon Not Starting

i just gotta get it going to sell it so that the buyer can hear it run, so only a temporary thing. but may completely overhaul it and try and get some more for it thanks man!
mike_d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
luckyhenry
AF Newbie

No Start

Hi everyone, I was foolish enough to left my 98 Ford Falcon idol overnight until it stop. It won't start the next morning no matter what I tried. Can anyone help me there? Many thanks.

Henry
luckyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
iorn eagle
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to iorn eagle
no start

you might have to check everything there is no telling what happened with it running all night. gas,batt,oil,wires,it may have locked up. try this. put gas in it and then dump gas down the carb. to see if it will fire over. let me know. lol.
gone but not forgotten,
2004 buick rendezvous cx traded.
1997 nissan sentra gxe rip
1998 ford contur se sport
1992 ford excort lx hatchback
1980 chevy scottsdale 350,585 cranck hp
1987 isuzu pup
1964 vw bug
iorn eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
FauxPlague
AF Newbie

Hi guys, i just got a friend to install a new head unit for me and now my car won't start, there was like no fuel in the car (only just managed to get home a week before CD player was installed) so not sure if he fucked up the wiring or if it the fuel, got a bad feeling it a wiring fuck up on his part because the car should start even with near to no fuel shouldnt it??, please guys really need some help, i need my car for work urgent and i have no other options and cant afford a professional to come look at it for me
FauxPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxPlague View Post
Hi guys, i just got a friend to install a new head unit for me and now my car won't start, there was like no fuel in the car (only just managed to get home a week before CD player was installed) so not sure if he fucked up the wiring or if it the fuel, got a bad feeling it a wiring fuck up on his part because the car should start even with near to no fuel shouldnt it??, please guys really need some help, i need my car for work urgent and i have no other options and cant afford a professional to come look at it for me
Put a couple gallons of gas in the tank. If it starts fill the tank. Spray some starter fluid in the carburetor if it starts its a fuel problem. Get a good spark plug pull a plug wire hold the plug against the block with a pair of insulated pliers. If it don't spark check the distributor pick up.
Ask the man who installed the head if the distributor was installed properly.
I think a 1982 has a mechanical fuel pump.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV