Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
badtransam86
AF Newbie

2003 dodge neon se front end popping

i was wondering if anyone would know what could be the popping in my front end i have took it to the shop they put new shocks and struts and new tie rods on still when i cut the wheel to the right it pops they are a vibration in the steering wheel before and after the repair it even got a four wheel alignment and good tires put on nothing helped it, it helped the other symptoms it had also they are slack in the steering if i go around a right hand curve going from 45 mph and higher its like the car goes to turn and it loosings up and i have to cut the wheel deeper and it will catch and pop any ideas?
badtransam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 dodge neon se front end popping

Does the vibration occur at all speeds? Have you checked for a bent rim? Did the shop check for bad strut bearings or mounting plate? Slack in the steering? Possibly the rack and pinion, sounds like you need someone else to check it out.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
badtransam86
AF Newbie

i had new shocks and struts put on and tie rods also the garage put new tires on but didnt say if the rims was bent but they told me thats all that was wrong with it and still it drives the same learned if you give it gas in a right hand curve its like the front end loosings up and walks back and forth and if the car is setting still and turn the steering wheel to the right it pops it doesnt do this while turning it back to the left
badtransam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

If it were mine I would start by raising the car and checking for play or looseness in the front-end. Check the rack for tightness, check motor and trans mounts, sway bar bushings etc. If everything is tight we will work from there.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon