Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
oldcrow
AF Newbie

Element problems?

From the number of messages there seems to be a lack of problems with the Element. Only had mine a few months and can't seem to find any problems with it.
Surely someone out there has had a negative experience they would like to share. Aside from a few people telling me its 'ugly' it's been all good.
oldcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shaguar47
Re: Element problems?

It's a honda, what else you expect.

Current -- Ex to Si. It's Overdone, but who gives a crap. I don't!
Shaguar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
rcb142
AF Newbie

My Element has showed an ugly side to its normal happy self. I live in an area where there is lots of snow. When I drive in deep snow, which is every day right now, my Element stock, spoke rims fill with snow and ice. The car picks up a horrible shimmy/vibration that does not allow me to drive over 50mph (on an interstate).

Soooo, the solution has been to drive off of the mountain and spray the wheels with water to get rid of the ice and snow. This is not good!!! This is now an every-day occurance....any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

RCB
rcb142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #4
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

But that is not your cars fault, its your locations fault.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

But that is not your cars fault, its your locations fault.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
rcb142
AF Newbie

that posting was a real help, private....i am seeking solutions...thanks.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #7
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Well considering this particular thread is about anyone having problems with the element, and not "hey help me fix this problem" i think my post was apropriate. I was just stating that that is not the vehicles fault, it is your location. If you want your question answered, how about posting your own thread and stop trying to steal someone elses. Smart Ass.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
rcb142
AF Newbie

The problem is that the Element vibrates and shakes after i drive in snow. My feeling, as the owner, is that there is a problem with the Element because it should be an all-weather vehicle and does not operate well in the snow. If I follow your logic, should Honda state that the Element should not be driven in snow? Regardless, this information is valuable to others who may need to be aware of this problem if they live in an area where it snows.

Cheers,
Old 03-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

As i said before, you need to start your own thread, especially if you want to help others. No one is going to look in this thread to find a solution to snow getting caught in the wheels. Anyhow, a lot of new wheel designs are open with wider gaps b/t the spokes. Its just the style at the time. Its not that you car shouldn't be driven in the snow, its just that it takes a little moe care when doing so. The dealer is going to tell you that you just need to clean the frozen snow out of your wheel each time you park it for a long period of time. That is the only solution that anyone can provide besides putting a new style wheel on the vehincle. A lot of cars would do this same thing if they were driven through deep snow. I know mine would.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #10
snowman2005
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to snowman2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb142
My Element has showed an ugly side to its normal happy self. I live in an area where there is lots of snow. When I drive in deep snow, which is every day right now, my Element stock, spoke rims fill with snow and ice. The car picks up a horrible shimmy/vibration that does not allow me to drive over 50mph (on an interstate).

Soooo, the solution has been to drive off of the mountain and spray the wheels with water to get rid of the ice and snow. This is not good!!! This is now an every-day occurance....any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

RCB
get some steelies with hub caps instead of rims for ur winter tires unless ur using those crapy all season tires.

WTB:92-95 EX/SI cluster w/tach
FS:*NEW* 92-95 civic coupe black floor mats(4). pm me for pics or offers
snowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Element