Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
pathy 3.5
AF Newbie

'01 Pathfinder gas + towing

First-time poster...

I'm in the process of getting an '01 Pathfinder. The seller says he used regular unleaded, and it runs great on that, but I read where 91 octane is recommended. Does anyone have experience with this - or know if it is OK to use regular/plus gas in the new 3.5?

Also, I am planning to tow a ~ 3500 pound boat/trailer short distances once in awhile. The Pathfinder I'm probably getting is a 4x2. Does the 4x4 have a "towing package" or anything that is not included on the 4x2?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
pathy 3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
4xSteve
AF Newbie

90% of the time I use the premium gas. Every so often I put the regular stuff in and I can notice a slight loss of performance. Mostly acceleration on the highway. If I remember correctly the dealer I dealt with said that regular gas was ok to use regularly. But I have heard from other Path owners that its best to use the good stuff. As far as the towing package, I have the 4x4 and there is no towing package on it that I am aware of. I think there is an option to get a factory or dealer installed hitch but dont do that. Buy an after market one and save the bucks. I have looked into getting a hitch put on mine and the dealership that I deal with quoted me at over $500.00 (instaled) I found a place close to where I live with the exact same hitch for $250.00. (installed)