Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight
Eighty Eight Includes the '97-'98 Regency and '96-'99 LSS Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #31
chubbygoatboy
AF Regular

Re: Re: Delta 88 Royale Wont Start (lost For Ideas)

Well, I hope your having better luck than me... I got most everything off and out of the way fairly quickly, but I CANNOT GET THE CRANK BOLT OUT!!!!!! I tried holding the crank pulley, and using breaker bar, several impact wrenches including a beast that was guaranteed to get it out!! NOTHING....I am even willing to sacrifice the dampener/pulley to get it out. A new one is only $89. Anybody got any ideas how to get it out?? THANKS++++++++++++++++ OK, update, GOT IT OUT!! It would not even come out with a 3/4 impact, I broke a impact socket, then drilled a hole in the balancer, lodged in a bolt, locked it in, and used a 4 foot pipe on a breaker bar, broke the extension. Got mad, put a fair amount of heat on it, and it came right out with my old 1/2" air wrench!! The timing chain sprocket on the cam is shot, also the chain dampener, cam sensor are shot as well... BUT, at least I got it apart. Now I just need to find out if this engine bends valves when this happens, or there is enough clearance. ANY IDEAS on clearance?

Last edited by chubbygoatboy; 11-21-2005 at 10:28 PM.
chubbygoatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #32
KEVEN1767
AF Newbie

Re: Delta 88 Royale Wont Start (lost For Ideas)

I Had To Work The Job This Weekend And Just Got Back So Will Be This Weekend Before I Get To Check The Car.will Post My Results.
KEVEN1767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #33
chubbygoatboy
AF Regular

Re: Re: Delta 88 Royale Wont Start (lost For Ideas)

I got bent valves on the front bank, Oh well... Now what to do.. Thanks for all of the input!!
chubbygoatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:56 AM   #34
Hansnet
AF Regular

jesus. what a post.

are we getting spark?

Have we checked each spark plug wire for a spark?

Have we checked the FPR?

if we have a spark that rules out a lot of things..we really need to see if we are getting a spark at each wire. or at least 5.

what about unplugging the sensors such as MAF, TPS to see if it changes..doubt that would cause a no start situation.

If we have no spark I would first check each coil pack (all you need to check that is a multimeter) if good I would look at ICM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #35
KEVEN1767
AF Newbie

I Removed Each Spark Plug 1 At A Time And Each 1 Was Sparking When Laid Against Motor While Engine Turning. I Unplugged The Tps And No Trouble Code Given After Engine Turning And Turning, Same With Maf. Hooked Back Up But Still No Start. Havent Had Time To Check Timing Yet Due To Job Having To Work Past Weekends. The Coil Pack Was The 1st Thing I Replaced. I Dont Know What The Icm You Reference Is Or How To Check It.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #36
auto trainy
AF Enthusiast

When you did the timing chain are you sure the pick up magnet for the cam positioner was there? and the ICM is (ignition Control Module) is the base that your coils are on.
auto trainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #37
KEVEN1767
AF Newbie

I Tore Down Yesterday, Removed Water Pump Etc But Was Unable To Get Crankshaft Pulley Off.pulley Puller Was Too Small.have A Larger Puller Now. Will Try Get Pulley Off Again And Will Check The Camshaft Position Magnet.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight