Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
1976 cj7
AF Newbie

1995 Mazda Mx6 For Sale! Runs Great Great Buy

I PUT THE CAR ON EBAY, SO CHECK THERE FOR SOME PICS BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE IN THE EBAY AD.

This is for a very nice 1995 mx6. Please read the complete description before placing any bids. I has many new parts. I purchased this car about 1 year ago from a family friend. The reason why I purchased it from him is because he called me and said it wasnt running, and his mechanic wanted too much $ to fix it. When i looked over the car i found that the head gasket was blown and it had 99,000 miles on it so i assumed it was going to need a t-belt also. After talking to a friend (who happens to be a great mechanic) , he told me that i was better off changing the whole engine if the oil/water was mixing. Since the haed gasket set alone was almost $200, I didnt want to finish the job only to find that the head/intake/ect was cracked. I took his advice and found a used engine from a mazda 626 with only 76000 original miles on it. while installing that engine, I also replaced the timing belt, spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, and flushed coolant. With all that done, the car is back to running good again.
The car is the LS model. It has leather interior that is in decent condition. There is some wear in the drivers seat and some more in the back seat (see pics). The car also has power windows and drivers seat and sliding sunroof. I also replaced the radio, (which was stolen from in front of my house one night while I was working on the engine) with a cd player.
The exterior of the car is in pretty good condition also. The only real damage to the outside of the car is on the pass side, you will see behind the door, the dent. The paint is not chipped or anything. There is some paint that is chipped on the back bumper on the pass side. There may be some very minor nics or scratches here and there that I overlooked. If you can imagine, it was the kids first car so these minor blemishes are almost expected from a 18 year old driver with not much driving experience (which is the reason why he drove the car in the first place with no coolant and blew the head gaskets). The tires are almost brand new with about 90% tread left on them and the brakes were changed just before the gasket blew (I know this because he had this work done to pass NY state inspection and the inspection was done about 1 month before I bought the car.
I set my reserve at how much I am into the car for (including labor) and I feel it is a very fair price. I don’t need another car but I am giving it one week on ebay and if it doesn’t sell, I am going to register/insure it and keep it for myself.
What the car may need: The power antenna does not go up and down on its own, so it stays in the up position. Sometimes when I start the car, there is like a sticking/rubbing noise for about 1-2 seconds then it goes away. If I had to guess I would say either a piece of the plastic shield is rubbing, or something with the starter is sticking for a sec. The last thing I found is that the power steering leaks. I have topped it off once or twice.
This is the best description that I could possibly give about the car. I explained everything with complete honesty, if I overlooked anything, or you have any questions feel free to email me or call me at 516-528-2902 (Todd). I will be able to show the car anytime day or night, AFTER SUNDAY. It is located in Long Island, NY.
IF YOU HAVE A BAD FEEDBACK SCORE OR NOT ENOUGH, I WILL CANCEL YOUR BID. IF THIS HAPPENS, AND YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE CAR, PLEASE EMAIL ME FIRST. THERE IS JUST TOO MANY PEOPLE WITH NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO THEN WASTE OTHER PEOPLES TIME AND MONEY. THANK YOU
1976 cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange