Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Off-Roading
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
RSturbo
AF Regular

Off Roading

I just want to know if anyone else here goes off-roading. I go with my friends amost every week. Since i live in florida there arent any trails close so we mostly go boggin.

My friends are the ones with the off-roading trucks; My friend just got a toyota tuck that hes going to Put 35's and a lift. my other friend has a toyota but it has 38's......This could take a while if i name all my frinds truck but lets just say there are a lot of mud finadictics where i live.
I almost bought a sammy with 38'sand a 20'' plus custom lift. It needed some work and it didnt have a title so i passed.

So i just want to say hello to my fellow offroaders out there.
RSturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

Re: Off Roading

My friends and I go ever now and then. Around here all we have is my friends orchard to go wheeling in though. But it does have a creek and some trails, along with a huge open field. We usually go in my friend's '86 3/4 ton with a ZZ4 Crate 350 and 3 speed. That thing is a lot of fun. Soon here he's getting a 1 ton with a big block and some 44's which will mean we can go down the creek instead of just across.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
cmk
AF Newbie

Ya but there's really no place to do it at around here though.Been trying to break something on my old jeep but havent succeded. I was doin doughnuts at my uncles farm the other day and had it around redline the whole time and the engine temp barley even went up. Im about to just drain the oil out of the pan set a brick on the gas and just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Yamaha R1

I was born on Holloween does that mean i'm the devil.
cmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Ya but there's really no place to do it at around here though.Been trying to break something on my old jeep but havent succeded. I was doin doughnuts at my uncles farm the other day and had it around redline the whole time and the engine temp barley even went up. Im about to just drain the oil out of the pan set a brick on the gas and just sit back and watch the fireworks.
why in fucks name would you ever treat a vehicle that way

TheStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
gouldie1903
AF Regular

i do a little with my friends. not a whole lot of mudding mostly trails and sand pits. right now the best all round vehicle we've used to all of our suprise is a 2000 montero sport 4wd. it's only downfall is not a whole lot of ground clearence. but its been in the air more times than i can count and on the 2 driver side wheels. we took a look at what i just did and were amazed at how it didn't flip and there was 5 people in it at the time.
gouldie1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
bloodyprice
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bloodyprice

i mud my jeep grand cherokee. but everywere i go its illegal, its hard to find a place where people will let you offroad. and usually i gota travel about 20-30 minutes to get there and back. i dont wanna break anything and i onlty have a 2" lift with all terrains. ive been lokin for a group or club to join in the central florida area, but i cant find any. or even just a florida or south east club would be nice, but if anyone can help me with this get back to me.

and anyone who trys to break a truck should be run over....repeadedly

thats all
bloodyprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
Sledgehammer84
AF Newbie

Heres my off-roader. Im getting 40" tires to replace the 33's on it and to compliment the 8" lift and also some fresh paint. Down here we have sand dunes, mud flats, trails, creeks, ive even took it into the bay. I am also building a 454 supercharged to replace the stock engine. along with 12 bolt detroit locker and 1 ton axles. This is what it will look like with my new tires.
Sledgehammer84 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Off-Roading