Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Masonovsky!
AF Regular

Thanks, But No Thanks.

Well after a solid usual friday night of San Diego partying i remembered I left my wallet in my bike. So having more vodka than water running through my veins I walked out, grabbed my wallet, got some cash out of the ATM and went about my night. The next morning I woke up and did the usual self check to make sure everything is there that should be. Wallet. Check. Cash. Check. ATM Card. Check. Bike keys......Bike keys.....Where are my bike keys!? I run frantically out of the barracks and see that my bike is still there, awesome! But where are the keys?.......hmmm...As I get closer I see there is a note on the windscreen. "Hey man, you left your keys in the lock. I put them in your storage compartment. Ride Safe, Johnny." What a dope guy to do that for me. But now my only keys are locked in the bike and my battery is dead because I left my parking lights on. Is there anyways to get into that compartment without taking it to the shop? And how easy is it to replace a battery?.... At least I got some phone numbers....

Brian Mason

2006 Suzuki SV650S with Akrapovic Pipe...more mods to come...
Who Steals A Katana??! Seriously!!?

by jeffcoslacker
Quote:
Complacency and cockiness is what gets you killed. Not CC's, you're right there...kinda like saying you're less likely to kill yourself with a .22 than a .45....technically, maybe, but not if you're determined to kill yourself...
Masonovsky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: Thanks, But No Thanks.

If you go to your bike dealer with the title and ID, they should be able to cut you a new key from the bikes VIN#. That way, you have a spare, and don't have to risk breaking anything to get your original keys back. As far as changing the battery, you may just need to charge it. Batteries these days are much more tolerant of being recharged after going dead. Each bike is different. I could change the battery in my Fatboy in about 10 minutes, my Honda Magna was very similiarly simple. I've had other bikes that were very difficult. It all depends on the bike and where the battery is tucked.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

i locked my keys in the "boot" one day. i went to get a 5mm allen key and removed the seat to access the lock and retrieve the keys that way.

my battery is already dead but i keep it on trickle charge all week using a battery fighter maintenance charger
Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Masonovsky!
AF Regular

use the little tool bag that I got with the bike and I should be able to take the seat off right?

2006 Suzuki SV650S with Akrapovic Pipe...more mods to come...
Who Steals A Katana??! Seriously!!?

by jeffcoslacker
Quote:
Complacency and cockiness is what gets you killed. Not CC's, you're right there...kinda like saying you're less likely to kill yourself with a .22 than a .45....technically, maybe, but not if you're determined to kill yourself...
Masonovsky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

only if its not with your keys..

not sure how to remove your seat but with mine, i lifted the corners to reveal a 5mm allen key bolt

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes