Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
super61
AF Newbie

Is This Car Worth The Buy For My First Car?

Hello everyone! this is my first post on this forums and i want to ask a question very specific a car i maybe getting in a week or 2.

I am About to get a 1999 Honda Civic EX from a co-worker.

Now i have see car and it looks and sounds great! She recently put it in the shop for some repairs and is welling to sell it to me for the amount of money she put into it. Now, All i do know is this.

1. She Bought the car with a rebuilt tranny back in Feb
  2. She said the breaks where being re-done on it
  3. Shes getting the head gasket replaced.
  4. The car has about 112,000 and i have seen her use it. Sounded quite as a fly.
  5. New Tires will be put on it as soon as it is our of the shop.
  6. Shes selling it for 1500

This as of now is all i know. I will post the other things ether tomorrow when i call the mechanic and ask him myself or monday when i go there and see it and once its done i can pick it up from the shop.

Is there anything that i should ask/look at before i by it? This is going to be my first car and i want to get as much info about it as i can.

Care Info.

Car:1999 Honda Civic
Model: EX
Transmission: Auto
Miles: 115K
Color: Green
Looks: It looks clean from what i can remember.
Performance: I have not tested it because its in the shop. I will as soon as i can.
Price: $1500
super61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Is This Car Worth The Buy For My First Car?

That sounds pretty solid. I paid $3000 for my Civic EX a year and a half ago with 190k miles on it with only a small accident on record - and the repairs were so good that you pretty much can't see it unless you're looking.

Just to be safe, I would run a VIN check and then you can always check out used prices on KBB, Edmunds and Vehix to compare, but I would guess that your price is under any of them.

Let us know what you decide!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
super61
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva View Post
That sounds pretty solid. I paid $3000 for my Civic EX a year and a half ago with 190k miles on it with only a small accident on record - and the repairs were so good that you pretty much can't see it unless you're looking.

Just to be safe, I would run a VIN check and then you can always check out used prices on KBB, Edmunds and Vehix to compare, but I would guess that your price is under any of them.

Let us know what you decide!
Yeah i am going to get it! IM not worried about the carfax because i know the car has not been in a accident at all. And for 1500 if anything else is wrong im sure from this point on its realitivly cheap to do it myself now. I will post pictures and what not after i get it, i hope this week after its out the shop.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Cool! Then I suppose Congrats are needed for your new car. Pix would be AWESOMESAUCE!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
super61
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva View Post
Cool! Then I suppose Congrats are needed for your new car. Pix would be AWESOMESAUCE!
Ok i have new news, aprently the car's wiring is screwed up... I talked to the owner today and she said she found out from the shop the wiring was jacked up and that she was afraid it would cost 3000 to get that fixed. I told her it wouldn't but we will see....

But for now im going to assume the ever ending search of looking for a car will always be there!