Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 206
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Solipsis
AF Newbie

Replacing Alternator and battery life without.

Hey guys,

My 206's alternator is dead, I managed to make it home thanks to the RAC (worth every penny) and now I have to replace the thing, so I've bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-206-1-...item53da2ba250

and got a nice fully charged battery in the car for now, basically I was wondering:

A) Is replacing an alternator a straightforward job? Is it something I could do myself? Do you have an links explaining how?

B) Can you give me a ballpark figure for the labour costs to replace it? In the UK.

C) How long will the battery last (rougly) if I make sure to turn off all the unnessessary electrical things in the car. Ideally I need to get to and from work (20 mins each way) until my new alternator arrives...

Thanks for any help you can give me guys.
Solipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
betuaintgotthis
AF Newbie

Re: Replacing Alternator and battery life without.

Is it easy well that depends on your competency with the spanners. The book time is depending on your model is based on a 2001 1.4 litre with air con is 1.3hours. this will be less without aircon (1.1hours). So a garage depending on where you take it too should base their price on that. Your average small garage should be somewhere in the region of £30-£50 per hour.
How long will your battery last entirely depends on the condition of the battery.
betuaintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 206