Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 05:59 AM   #1
beir
old dog learnin new trick

Transfer case issue...07 model

Was coming home in heavy rain..put tranfer case in "auto" mode went right in...after rain ended went to put back in 2wd..wanted to shift but wouldn't switch back..stuck in auto...the solenoid when ignition on but engine not running cant hear any noise other than a "click" when cycle ends..I think its the solenoid..was wondering will new one have issues installing because of it being "auto" mode..thanx
Old 08-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: Transfer case issue...07 model

FWIW, the transfer case motor probably won't move at all when selecting "Auto" from "2WD" mode, since the PCM will only operate the motor IF tracton loss is detected, then drop it right back out following a time delay. I have two Astros with full-time auto AWD, and that's how they function. My daughter has an '06 Envoy V8, and that's how it operates in AWD mode.

You will probably have to select 4WD (High or Low) mode and then either 2WD or Auto to force the case motor to move. The transfer case motor can be very quiet. You may have to listen from under the vehicle while someone actuates the controls to shift the ranges.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
beir
old dog learnin new trick

Thanx for the response..after this problem developed I tried to put it in 4wd..would not go in..light just flashed butcthen went out..just auto light on..I'll try again and give update..thanx again for reply..
Old 08-25-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

When my selectable transfer case wouldn't shift properly, the "encoder motor" was defective due to internal problems in the transfer case.

Ended up with a "GM Rebuilt" transfer case for somewhere above a thousand dollars.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT