I have trouble with my BMW E46 key. Yesterday I broke my last key.
To ask locksmith for help, the cost is very high, so i want to program new keys by myself. I checked the EWS type that is EWS3 with D46J processor. I see several types of EWS key programmers, but i want to purchase a cheaper one.
How about the BMW EWS Reader? I see this description in ecutool.com:
1. Work with all modifications of EWS1, EWS2, EWS3, EWS3+, EWS4
2. Reading and writing EWS3 and EWS3+ memory via unit connector (K-line). New types of EWS3 and EWS3+ use the mask D46J.
3. Automatically detection of EWS version from EEprom memory.
4. Additional keys programming.
5. Used keys adding (if you know a password).
6. Used keys renew function (if you know a password).
7. Keys synchronization.
8. Activation and deactivation of available keys.
So should it be good for me?