Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
dan_J30
AF Newbie

Passenger High Beam Wont Turn Off

Hey, thanks for stopping in to read my thread...

About six months ago I purchased a '94 Infiniti. Its' electrical wiring is pretty messed up because it was salvaged due to water damage, but other than that it has been a dependable car.

I have been getting it ready for the state vehicle safety inspection, but I was told it will not pass due to what is going on with the high beams: every time I turn on the head lights, the passenger high beam also turns on. If turn on the high beams, then the driver side kicks in, but it is brighter than the passenger side. The high beam light in the dash console whenever either or both high beams are on, and I don't know if that helps in trouble shooting at all.

There is a wire that appears to have been added, and it connects both headlights. Makes me wonder how much the electrical wiring has been tampered with.

I am thinking that the issue lies in the headlight/blinker/dimmer switch on the steering column, but it costs close to 100 bucks after shipping, so I wanted to get some input before I do some trial and error of my own.

Thanks for the thoughts!
dan_J30 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria