Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #16
ShoofIsLudin
AF Regular

Here, I outlined in light blue the pressure switch wire. You can use that connector or splice it. I spliced the wire, and temporarily taped it together using electrical tape. The purple wire is the new wire I connected the pressure switch wire to, it runs to the pressure switch.

- AcesHigh
Where do I connect the wire, from the light blue wire, to? Which one is the pressure switch? BTW...I feel like a moron because the plus for the VTEC solenoid that i was talking about was already in the harness.
ShoofIsLudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:40 PM   #17
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh
Re: The Notorious H23A to H22A Swap

From your Oil Pressure Switch to that wire to the ECU at pin D6. The pressure switch is the thing right under the VTEC solenoid. You will know what it is because there are two wires coming out of it. One is light blue and the other is black. In the picture where I pointed to the VTEC solenoid, I am holding those two wires and the solenoid wire.

Mine were cut, I'd guess that any engine shipped would be cut short too.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
AcesHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #18
ShoofIsLudin
AF Regular

My pressure switch doesn't have the plug with the wires coming out of it. There's just a spot that looks like the female plug. Where can i get the pressure switch plug from? Do i have to go to Honda for it?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #19
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

I'd say from the dealer, or here if they have it. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
Old 04-20-2004, 02:55 PM   #20
HooberSi
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to HooberSi
sell the old

I've been considering doing a complete change to my car recently. I bought a 96 Si a few months back, problem is, its an automatic. My parents refused a 5spd. So I was unlucky finding a Vtec auto.

Now I'd like to try the engine swap into an h22a. What I'd like to ask are a few things. Would it be worth it for me to get the "complete change" with the tranny included and just keep the tranny for later when I swap to a 5spd? Or would it not work out at all?

Also, where would I be able to get rid of and/or sell my current engine and its components?

Thanks for the help.
HooberSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #21
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

You would need an auto p13 ecu and use your old auto tranny. If you decide later on to do a tranny swap, you'd be paying more or less the full amount of the h23a --> h22a swap again. The tranny is difficult to access and swap. It's worth it to just buy the new 5sp LSD tranny.

My h23a is still in my garage. You'll have a hard time selling an engine with high mileage. Shipping makes it not worth it.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
Old 01-18-2005, 05:33 AM   #22
METRONWK
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to METRONWK Send a message via AIM to METRONWK Send a message via MSN to METRONWK Send a message via Yahoo to METRONWK

Aceshigh Thanks Your Info Was Very Helpful But CAN YOU HELP ME OUT HERE I HAVE A 95 PRELUDE SI H22A I HAVE THE P28 ECU BUT MY VTEC THEY NEVER CONNECTED IT DO YOU KNOW WHAT WIRE DO I HAVE TO RUN FROM THE P28? RIGHT NOW THERE IS A BLACK WIRE RUNNING FROM THE ECU TO UNDER THE HOOD BUT ITS NOT CONNECTED I LOOKED FOR THE LIGHT BLUE WIRE NEXT TO THE FUSE BOX BUT ITS NOT THERE AND THE OTHER ONE YOU HAD SAID BY THE INTAKE IS NOT THERE NEITHER.......thanks IM ASKING YOU COUSE I SEE YOU KNOW YOUR SHIT .................I ALSO GOT A M2S4 TRANS FROM A 95 PRELUDE SI IF ANYBODY INTERESTED HOLLA ITS JUST COLLECTING DUST IN MY GARAGE WILL GET RID OF CHEAP.........

Last edited by METRONWK; 01-18-2005 at 09:15 AM.
METRONWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #23
PWRDbyHseries
AF Newbie

I was just wondering,,, would it be easier if i would just unhook my H22 engine harness and then replace the H23 harnes with it???? J/W
PWRDbyHseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #24
ShoofIsLudin
AF Regular

I'm almost positive you can take the h22 harness and swap out the h23 harness for it.
93+ Si models came wired for VTEC
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #25
PWRDbyHseries
AF Newbie

thanks,, i think thats what i might do, instead of splicing other wires that need to be lengthend,,,,
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #26
PWRDbyHseries
AF Newbie

One more question,, if i switch out the H23 engine harness with the H22 engine harness, cause i use the H22 ignition coil????
Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #27
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Prelewd

I don't see any reason to change engine harnesses.. It's easier to route two wires through the firewall than to change out the entire harness.

The swap is super easy. I did it in a weekend, including changing the timing belt and tensioner. The only hangup I had with wiring VTEC was the pin that goes into the back of the harness that goes into the ECU. The pin was slightly crushed upon removal from the donor harness, and caused a faulty connection, thusly, not allowing VTEC to engage. I went to a local shop, Xtreme Auto Salon in Federal Way, Wa, who donated the pin to my effort, big big props to them. Cleared the problem right up.

I was fortunate enough to find a low mileage JDM motor in a wrecked prelude that was owned by an ASE certified mechanic. I bought the car for 1700 dollars, parted it out, and sold the shell for 600. After selling my old H23 (with a spun rod bearing) for 400 dollars, I ended up 250 dollars into the swap (and declining because I'm still selling parts off the car). I spent another 250 dollars on maintenance parts and overall, the cost of the engine and swap was approximately 500 dollars including motor, replacement belts, tensioner, fluids, and everything else.

Results not typical. I was very fortunate to have found a prelude in that condition, but it can be done with a little digging. I sold most of my parts on craigslist.com (the greatest website ever, pretty much).

I love this swap. The h22a is fantastic engine and VTEC would be worth the money even if I paid the full price for it. You really wont know how easy it is until you do it..

By the way, you wont find a more dedicated moderator than Ace here. He was definitely a help in the motivation and information about this swap. I'd buy him a beer if he was ever out this way.

Soon..

Cars:
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS H22a Swap - For Sale
1965 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton - 500ci Cadillac Cometh
1970 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si
1971 Datsun 240z
1984 Civic 1500 Hatch
Prelewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #28
DanboyPk
AF Newbie

Admittedly I don't know much about cars but Im having a Jdm h22a put in my 95 prelude si. Apparently the harness comes out the other side of the engine. What should be done about this? Also the belt for the alternator and a/c belt is a different size... What's up with that?
DanboyPk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
jr_syd121
AF Newbie

hey im new here and about to do this swap and i know this is a old thread but ive clicked every link for pic and none work anymore can anyone post the pics again or send em to me please
jr_syd121 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude