Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #16
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd
Re: How to program my keyless entry??

how to program your keys should be in your manual, as long as you have both keys, if you don't it could be tricky

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #17
PorchWeasel
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchicoloco86
how to program your keys should be in your manual, as long as you have both keys, if you don't it could be tricky
Bad news for me. I only have 1 original key left. Dealership wants $65 for a duplicate key and another $90 to program it so I would think that there must be a way to do it myself...
PorchWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #18
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

i think the manual said something, but i'm not entirely sure, def. refer to your manual

503/2000
Old 05-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #19
Eclipsechic32
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiger
you do nto have to take it to the dealer,, if you look through some of the threads you can find instructions on how to do it....sounds like other dude has a problem... i mean if its that big of a deal do not read the thread

I did the same thing, but i found that the instructions were very easy to follow! Here they are:

1. Locate the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driver's side dashboard. The DLC is typically located either to the left or the right of the steering column base. Notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends: you will be working on the wider row of cavities
2. Insert keys in Ignition and leave in the off position.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Line Connector (DLC) terminal 1 to terminal 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. (Note) The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press either the lock or unlock button on the transmitter to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.
6. Repeat step 5, with any other remotes to be programmed (up to four remotes) (including any existing remotes), within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.
7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the
ignition.

For the jumper wire, i was able to use Paperclips... they worked great! If you want, have someone else in the car to press the hazard switch and the remote while you hold the paperclips together! Any other questions, email me! Ill send you the directions in word format with picture diagrams!
Hey, I am about to do this as well, and im not exactly car savy... Any idea where i can get some pictures of this.. ! if not thanks for reading anyway! i know this post is way old.. hopefully you see it!.. Thanks
Kris
Eclipsechic32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #20
PorchWeasel
AF Newbie

What year is your ride? If it's an 00-05, I'll be glad to take a pic and send it to you via email; I have a 200 Eclipse and these directions were perfect. Please respond with your email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsechic32
Hey, I am about to do this as well, and im not exactly car savy... Any idea where i can get some pictures of this.. ! if not thanks for reading anyway! i know this post is way old.. hopefully you see it!.. Thanks
Kris
PorchWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:20 AM   #21
Eclipsechic32
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchWeasel
What year is your ride? If it's an 00-05, I'll be glad to take a pic and send it to you via email; I have a 200 Eclipse and these directions were perfect. Please respond with your email.
PorchWeasel,
My car is an 03!, and that is absolutely wonderful that you'll take a picture i really appriciate it. Thank you so much!!! My email address is Kristinwren@yahoo.com. Thanks again!
Kristin
Eclipsechic32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #22
Delandra
AF Newbie

Hi all, this is my first post to this forum. About a week ago I bought an '02 Eclipse GT and I found the instructions for programing my keyless remote here in this thread. It was working up until the part where I pushed the unlock (or lock) button three times and nothing happened. I changed the battery in my remote and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? It's very frustrating, the dealership says they'll charge $40 to do it, and I'd have to take time off work to take the car in.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate the help!!
Delandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #23
skier-24
AF Newbie

Delandra, I am having the same problem. My daughter's car did not come with a remote. I bought one on Ebay. I'll be back when I solve the problem
skier-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #24
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

read the f---ing thread

503/2000
Old 11-21-2006, 03:09 AM   #25
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rodbls

Very nice first post....wow, they keep getting better and better...lol
Mods: SPEC 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, PowerStop Rotors, Red Stuff Pads, Stainless Brake Lines, B&M Short Shifter, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings, Deyeme Firm Motor Mounts, KYB AGX shocks with Eibach Proline springs, Halo Projector Headlights with HID 12000K Conversion, TYC Carbon Tails, Kicker SS6.5 Component Front, SS MB8 Custom rear, Tsunami 2F Capacitor, ***New Stuff*** JVC KD-AV7010 In Dash DVD Player, Kicker L7 12" Woofer, Kenwood KAC-X10D Mono Amp
rodbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #26
Crown510
AF Newbie

I have a G35 2006 and I'm trying to setup my keyless entry. They remote is an Astu15 model and it looks like it's compatible with the car. So can anyone please help me? i'd appreciate it thank you ver much!!!
Crown510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #27
808drifter
AF Enthusiast

uh wrong car area.
808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #28
skier-24
AF Newbie

Elchico,
If you are talking to me: As I told DElandra, I tried the procedure step by step and it did not work.
Meanwhile, maybe you could teach me something about programming remotes. I would teach you about being an A**hole!
skier-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #29
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rodbls

GOD I love noobs...such love they spread.

IF YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT, GO TO THE DEALER!!!

IDIOT!!!

Plus, you said you would be back when you solve the problem....it doesnt sound like you fixed it yet, so why are you back???
Mods: SPEC 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, PowerStop Rotors, Red Stuff Pads, Stainless Brake Lines, B&M Short Shifter, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings, Deyeme Firm Motor Mounts, KYB AGX shocks with Eibach Proline springs, Halo Projector Headlights with HID 12000K Conversion, TYC Carbon Tails, Kicker SS6.5 Component Front, SS MB8 Custom rear, Tsunami 2F Capacitor, ***New Stuff*** JVC KD-AV7010 In Dash DVD Player, Kicker L7 12" Woofer, Kenwood KAC-X10D Mono Amp
rodbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #30
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier-24
Elchico,
If you are talking to me: As I told DElandra, I tried the procedure step by step and it did not work.
Meanwhile, maybe you could teach me something about programming remotes. I would teach you about being an A**hole!
you have to understand i deal with incompetent people at work all day. And this, many times, is a continuation with that. If you can't figure it out, grow some balls and go to the dealership, because they can do it in little to no time at all. Is it worth the 45 dollars to you to spend 4-5 hours on trying to figure it out, when you can just spend the 45 dollars or so and have that time to spend doing more productive and useful things??

i would think so, i dont' waste my time trying to figure out things when i can be spending time doing things i enjoy doing. So, if you've read teh ENTIRE thread, and followed everything, then all you need to do is go to the dealership and have them figure it out, because either the procedure is faulty, the user is faulty, or the hardware is faulty. in any case, you won't be able to do it, but they will be able to.

503/2000

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+