Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 05:04 PM   #1
bluevette74
Banned

vette got beat by tt prelude!

Saturday night 12/22, we were all hanging out at southwest parkway, in south austin. I had my 75 stingray pretty much the only old domestic car there. I was watching races when this guy comes up and asked me if i wanted to race, i said, "i dont know im not good off the line at all." He says "neither am i" i said what do you got, he replys prelude twin turbo! Right then i new that i was going to get beat. We pull up to the line and of course he smokes me off the line, but at about the 1/8 of a mile point i start to pull on him, but the fucker turns off early and starts to claim that he won, welll i didnt get to argue because the cops showed up. I guess that im trying to say different cars have different speeds at different times. That prelude was fast!
bluevette74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 07:19 PM   #2
RiceRocket
AF Enthusiast

wow. i would think that you'd get him off the line since the torque on your car is probably better (although i don't know the specs on your vette)...

and specially if he had a turbo which probably wouldve kicked in during the high end power and not low-end...

i dont think i've heard of a twin turbo on a four banger, specially a lude... oh well... i guess we'll never know

AF TOFU CREW MEMBER #03 - First Rule of Tofu Crew is You don't talk about the Tofu Crew!
RiceRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Hehe yea I've seen a lot of cars gain ground at higher speeds but suck off the line. Take a Merkur for example though... it might be a mile back till about 130mph but once your normal car has hit its max speed the merkur will gain on you till it hits 200 stock!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 09:16 PM   #4
bluevette74
Banned

my car sucks off the line, mostly because my cam is to big for my spark. When i punch it off the line it bogs down, but if im going about 30mph and then punch it it will burn the tires. His tt probably was better in high end, but my vette sure was gaining on him. My vette is tuned for highend performance anyways, next tim im going to race that fucker from 30 and up then we will see who has the bragging rights! Who know he may not have had tt's but my friend told me that that guy blew off twice like he had tt's, but im no expert on foreigns either!
Old 12-24-2001, 09:18 PM   #5
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

TT's on a 4 cyl engine is a waste of money. He probably didn't have that.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:49 AM   #6
bluevette74
Banned

I just found out it wasnt a prelude that i raced! Your probably asking how in the fuck cant you tell what you raced. Well when we were going up to the line i lined up with a rx7 turbo and intake. I found out when i wanted to race the guy again, so i posted a message on a austin racing board, saying if anyone new the guy i raced. well i got a reply saying that it wasnt a lude it was an rx7. Kinda makes me feel better since it wasnt a lude!
Old 01-01-2002, 11:03 AM   #7
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Yea 3rd generation RX7's all had twin turbos... they're not to mess with.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:21 PM   #8
bluevette74
Banned

so ive learned! dont they have rotary engines?
Old 01-02-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
yups, rx7 is a rotary engine.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing