Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
hurleygurl395
AF Newbie

hey

hey there! my name is brittany and i'm kinda new to this whole car thing and a friend of mine said that talkin to ppl in forums who know what the hell they're talkin about would prolly help me out so here i am. i have a 93 accord, which i'm tryin to make 'show car'. i don't like fast cars cause i can't handle them so i figure havin a car that looks good is the next best thing so ill need all the help i can get.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI
Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleygurl395
hey there! my name is brittany and i'm kinda new to this whole car thing and a friend of mine said that talkin to ppl in forums who know what the hell they're talkin about would prolly help me out so here i am. i have a 93 accord, which i'm tryin to make 'show car'. i don't like fast cars cause i can't handle them so i figure havin a car that looks good is the next best thing so ill need all the help i can get.
WELCOME BRITTANY!!! So do you have anything done to your car yet? I'm not big with looks myself, i'm more into performance, but this year i'm going to try to get into more shows amd less races so my sponsor wants me to do more exterior work, which i have no clue what to do or where to start myself. Anyways i hope you find this forum useful and i hope you learn a lot! Take care

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to notyouraveragegirl

Hey Hey brittany - i also am the proud owner of a 93 accord... r u standard or automatic?

im into show first off because of my background in art and design -- the performance thing is a lot newer to me - but i'm learning it all as i go along

do you know anything about your cars history? even if you're just going to show the car -- it'll be important to have a motor and setup that is clean (in both looks and function)

welcome to the boards and don't hesitate to ask us anything -- it's the best way to learn
Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to notyouraveragegirl

oh, and happy 16th -- ijust noticed the b-day in your profile

... driving fast comes with experience and time - don't worry you'll get here eventually
Old 02-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
miss_val
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to miss_val
Re: Re: hey

The exterior stuff is nice, but if u want people to respect u for a real car girl, u should focus on the performance. Like they said, in time you'll know how to handle it. Just a thought. Hope your car turns out nice.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

I agree, if you want respect, u need some sort of performance, and remember just because u have power, doesnt mean you need to drive fast.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #7
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

I respect you for knowing your limitations. My first car certainly wasnt my IROC. I started with a prelude, which was my dads, then drove the olds, then got the RS, and now drive the IROC, i moved up as i learned to handle what i had. Probly why im still alive.

I say if you feel that youre not ready for power, then ignore anyone who tries to diss you for not getting your hands dirty. There is an equally large, if not larger following for cosmetic mods, especially to imports. If speed isnt your thing then dont let anyone tell you thats what you have to do. Im probly the wrong guy to talk to you about doing cosmetic changes but good places to start are some aftermarket rims (wheels), a tastefull body kit, paint job, tinted windows, underbody lighting (check state laws), aftermarket seats, aftermarket stereo system. And youll probly be perfectly happy with the car. Also these mods will give you the basic knowledge nessesary to move onto bigger projects aimed at performance if you get to that point.

Remember, its your car, its an expression of who you are, if your not about speed, then your car shouldnt be either. just my two cents.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot