Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to notyouraveragegirl
Strange Ideas for my 93 Accord

Ok... Wierd question of the week

Does anyone know of a 3.0L V6 VTec swap being done to a gen4 accord?

Let me know -- and don't tell me how crazy I am or whatever -- I want some no BS-answers... ...no one to tell me "it can't be done" cause that'll just make me want to prove you wrong : )

Also -- anyone interested in the project in the SoCali area... feel free to reply or drop me a line via eMail

Old 02-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
95VicChik
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 95VicChik Send a message via Yahoo to 95VicChik
Thumbs up

that would be a nice swap I'm assuming you are talking about the engine in the 2003 (240hp)...any swap can be done, some just take more patience and money then others...i'm not very familiar on the swaps for accords, i do know that engines from accords 98-03 fit perfectly..so your probably looking at a lot of modding inside the bay to get this to work cause you'll probably be a little snug inside the bay with the v6...in that case you would probably be taking out the AC, and maybe rewiring...also the engine is probably heavier so you might have to do suspension work, just to adjust to the extra weight but that would be a beast if you got it done, and if i was in the cali area, i'd definitely join in on the fun ...sounds like an interesting project, never seen it done before, so if you did it you'd probably be the first anyways good luck with it...i say go for it, if you got the cash and the time, nothing should stop you from doing it! Good luck, and let me know if you go for it or not..that way i can drool and throw a tantrum

~You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same~
~I'd rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I'm not~

Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Re: Strange Ideas for my 93 Accord

The v6 is coming out of the hubby's 98 LX just as soon as we find a 3.5RL to swap into his (hah - another conversion that i don't think has been done yet)

The a/c compressor has been broken since i got the car @ auction in november - and the suspension has been out anyway -- so those are two things we have already figured into the equation

so if you happen to know of anyone with a wrecked 3.5RL sitting around... well i'd like to get a jump on this before they ship my poor sailor of a husband off to the gulf this summer
Old 02-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

got the year wrong in my original post -- my car is a 93
Old 02-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
95VicChik
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 95VicChik Send a message via Yahoo to 95VicChik
i did a quick search on ebay and i found a 96-01 rl engine, 3.5 they only want 750 plus shipping....not sure if that was the one u wanted or not, but i'd keep checking ebay for motors, they usually have them for pretty cheap : my friend got one of the ebay and it's in great shape. hope this helps
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

~You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same~
~I'd rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I'm not~

Old 02-15-2005, 02:11 AM   #6
CrzyMR2T
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragegirl
Ok... Wierd question of the week

Does anyone know of a 3.0L V6 VTec swap being done to a gen4 accord?

Let me know -- and don't tell me how crazy I am or whatever -- I want some no BS-answers... ...no one to tell me "it can't be done" cause that'll just make me want to prove you wrong : )

Also -- anyone interested in the project in the SoCali area... feel free to reply or drop me a line via eMail

wow......that would be cool, but your crazy.......do some research geez, dont you know that it cant be done? just playing.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Strange Ideas for my 93 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyMR2T
wow......that would be cool, but your crazy.......do some research geez, dont you know that it cant be done? just playing.
ha ha ha : ) -- it's ok i put this thread up in another forum and i mostly got a lot of "why don't you just put an H22 in it?" GRRR!!!

but now here's my question: know of any manual transmissions that will fit to that block? its a j30A1
Old 02-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
notyouraveragegirl
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95VicChik
i did a quick search on ebay and i found a 96-01 rl engine, 3.5 they only want 750 plus shipping....not sure if that was the one u wanted or not, but i'd keep checking ebay for motors, they usually have them for pretty cheap : my friend got one of the ebay and it's in great shape. hope this helps
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
actually 750 is really cheap and if it's the same guy - most of the one's they sell are JDM so they don't have a lot of miles on them (As A side note: By law in Japan, if you keep a car for longer than 35k miles, unless you are us military, you get stuck with all kinds of taxes; so most people just sell their cars and those barely broken in motors end up over here for CHEAP!!)

-- but after doing some research we're gonna go with anoth J block instead of a C block... so we're looking for the J35A4 out of the MDX... SOHC Vtec V6 - its a 240 bhp + all the killer torque you get from an suv motor

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot