Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
dingmyride
AF Newbie

Ok, be gentle, my first Volvo and have a few questions.

Hi all,

Well, as the title says, I've purchased my first Volvo and have a few questions to ask. The guy I purchased it off is trying to locate the books to send to me, but in the meantime....

It is a late 1999 S40 T4 (turbo), auto.

1) How do I turn the high beams on for driving, I know how to 'flash' them, but not how to keep them on for hwy driving.
2) The engine sometimes takes a couple of goes to turn over. I put new platinum plugs in it today, will it take a while to get used to these. I was told once I put these plugs in it would fire up first go.
3) There is a ticking noise when first started, seems to be coming from around the fuel rail. I read somewhere that the injectors can be quite noisy, is this likely to be the problem. It is also due for an oild change so could old / thin oil be causing some engine ticking sound? The ticking stops after about 5 minutes of driving, car doesn't seem affected at all.

On the point of an oil change, what is the best oil to use? I used to run Mobil 1 in my turbo Skylines, I would imagine that or something of a similar grade would be fine for the Volvo?

Oh yeah, one last thing, it's got the fog lights down the bottom of the front air dam, can I change the bulbs in these as one has blown, or is it a fully sealed unit?

Thanks in advance for helping me out with these questions.

COlin
dingmyride is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40