Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Yamaha YZF-R1

Hi mates! I'm so excited I didn't started a new thread for a long period and here I am!

Well after a long time of relax making a few builds of airplanes and other projects I decided to start a new bike project because I was very inspired by a lot of people in that forum with their beautiful work and their beautiful pictures, thank you so much mates!

Let's talk about this project.. I don't have ideas in mind so I will try to improvise, what I have in mind is to detail the bike a little bit but don't know in which limit.
There are only 3 pictures but as I have uploaded them on my website I thought to share them with you people of this forum.

I spend 2 days creating this electric scheme from the repair manual.

I don't know when I will post more pictures because I have some small work to do yet with a couple of aircraft and a couple of cars so I will try to start this as soon as possible.

Bye!
Roca.
Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Fazer1006
AF Newbie

Re: Yamaha YZF-R1

Go for it Roca
There's never enough bikes being built!
Nice detail work for the wiring & will be useful for me for my next build of a R1
Mark
Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Hey Roca

I'm curious where you will go with this built. I've got this kit also and will be watching this one.

Good luck
Old 07-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Man, this is going to be interesting!
So, whilst whe are awaiting the progress pics you could atleast take some time giving us some idea of your thought. Choice of paint scheme? Level of detailing (although we can guess from those teaser pics)? Any larger alterings of existing pieces or major scratchbuilding?

Feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeee!
/Joel
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Thank's mates!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwideqvist View Post
Man, this is going to be interesting!
So, whilst whe are awaiting the progress pics you could atleast take some time giving us some idea of your thought. Choice of paint scheme? Level of detailing (although we can guess from those teaser pics)? Any larger alterings of existing pieces or major scratchbuilding?

Feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeee!
/Joel
Joel, yesterday I had a great idea in mind but still don't know how I will do it, the main idea is... imagine the bike in a hospital room with a shiny floor, white walls, just with the body removed, and some supports that hold the tank fuel and you can see the fuel tubes etc etc... and something like this behind the bike with real light... http://www.iga.es/archivos/th_298439...LUZ%202000.jpg
I think I will include the most important electric components on this bike, at least I have the scheme and I will follow all the wiring connection. For the colour scheme I don't know but I think that something like blue and /black combination for the wheels , frame etc...

As always I have small ideas in my head that I'm writing on a paper. I will start the kit this weekend and I will try to show you the start of the frame which I have already stripped the chrome paint from Tamiya.

Bye bye!
Roca.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Decs0105
AF Enthusiast

this will be awesome, can't wait!
Decs0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Doc305
AF Newbie

How about workin lights? I tried doing it with 3mm LEDs for my 1/25 civic's fog lights and it came out nice. I've seen some1 here using optical cables, which for the scale seems to be appropriate. Idk, try that.

Decs0105, I'm dying to make the tail light work on the MP4/6, but I prob wont do it.
Doc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc305 View Post
How about workin lights? I tried doing it with 3mm LEDs for my 1/25 civic's fog lights and it came out nice. I've seen some1 here using optical cables, which for the scale seems to be appropriate. Idk, try that.

Decs0105, I'm dying to make the tail light work on the MP4/6, but I prob wont do it.
Thank's all,

When I said real or working lights I say it for the lamp I will put behind the bike, I'm thinking to make a diorama with the bike on a room... but I can't tell you more because first I should have the bike almost finished. Of course I will try to simulate the real instalation of the head and rear lights.

Well for today I have only 3 photos, Just filled the interior of the chassis with epoxy putty still I need to sand it. Frame will be matt black. More photos this weekend.

Roca
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Old 07-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

That oil canister is stunning!
/Joel
Old 07-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
kans0002
AF Regular

subscribed!
kans0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
John18d
AF Enthusiast

very nice work - I like the rear brake fluid cup. What did you use for the welds on the frame? and how did you get it to lay down thin? Every time I try to add welds they don't look correct. - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Thank you guys, it is really hard to think what step to do next because there will be a few wires and things that need to be added before the installation of the engine to the chassis, so I'm always thinking what I'm doing what I'm going to do and what will happen then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
very nice work - I like the rear brake fluid cup. What did you use for the welds on the frame? and how did you get it to lay down thin? Every time I try to add welds they don't look correct. - John
Check this thread I posted a few images of what I use for the welds.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...=943454&page=3

I promise more pictures this weekend.
Roca.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
Decs0105
AF Enthusiast

That looks great!
Decs0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Not a big update but...

I had to make a new tube on the oil refrigerator, also I have to make the oil level window on the right side of the engine and the clutch system on the lid so I hope to do it the next week.

Note the small photoetched parts on the screws of the clutch lid.

Bye!
Roca.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes