Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
CivicEXdude
AF Regular

Injectors

Ok, I have a AEM CAI with port & polished throttle body on a 2000 EX, also have an exhaust from the cat-back. My buddy wants to put Prelude injectors on my car, saying it will help, as we intend to port & polish my intake manifold soon. Will it help? Will it give an HP? He said mine are like 270 and the prelude are like 310...Anybody know if its okay to do or not?
CivicEXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:13 PM   #2
drift
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to drift
not worth it at this time. just get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you really want to add more fuel.

but i doubt even with the P&P that you'll get much benefit fom more fuel.
drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 07:26 PM   #3
delsolsi
AF Enthusiast

Yeah your stock injectors should still be good at this point. I don't know at what point they can no longer keep up, but I thinks its much higher than where your at.
delsolsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 01:42 PM   #4
02SilverSiHB
AF Enthusiast

Re: Injectors

Quote:
Originally posted by CivicEXdude
Ok, I have a AEM CAI with port & polished throttle body on a 2000 EX, also have an exhaust from the cat-back. My buddy wants to put Prelude injectors on my car, saying it will help, as we intend to port & polish my intake manifold soon. Will it help? Will it give an HP? He said mine are like 270 and the prelude are like 310...Anybody know if its okay to do or not?
the injectors help a lot if you are forced induction with a 6-10lb boost from a JRSC. But for NA, it won't help that much. The stock 96-00 Civic EX injectors are 250cc's and the preludes (97 and up) are 290cc's. They idle like stock so that's why a few people opt for those when they don't want to loose idle characteristics when boosting at low levels
02SilverSiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
CivicEXdude
AF Regular

Thanks for the info. The injectors are coming off an early Prelude, like 92 or 93 I think. I'll just stay with my stock ones then...
CivicEXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 05:15 PM   #6
02SilverSiHB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by CivicEXdude
Thanks for the info. The injectors are coming off an early Prelude, like 92 or 93 I think. I'll just stay with my stock ones then...
ouch! don't use those! they are peak and hold, you have saturated injectors. If you do use the peak and hold injectors you will need a resistor to compensate for the lower resistance
02SilverSiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:04 AM   #7
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

It seems the dilemma has been solved already, keep the stockers.

But for any who were wondering about where the stock honda fuel lines give in, youll be surprised. With stock pump and rail, and 250cc injectors, that will support about 200 crank hp. And the stock pump will support over 400 crank hp at 40 psi with just upgrading injectors. And the stocker management system will idle 800cc injectors (Correctly calibrated anyways). Providing fuel for those demanding situations isnt as much a problem as some ppl would think (myself once, for example). Boost away

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD