Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #16
NYC Al
AF Newbie

Re: Bimota Tesi 1D

Quote:
As I know there is a website http://www.interdecal.com/ that makes custom decals, but is focused for the seller because they make orders of 150 decals or multiples of 150 http://www.interdecal.com/index_eng....decal_eng.html
Another and the best is Cartograf (who made some decals for Tamiya) http://www.cartograf.com/ I don't know much about it and I'm not sure if they will make only one decal so you might have the same problem as the website above.
Thanks for trying but they both have a minimum so that will not work for me, got to figure it out how to make it.
About the welding on the exhaust pipes, wow, you guys make it sound easy, the sprue technique is very hard, I break the plastic all the time, or it doesn't get thin enough, I run out of sprue, lol. I did try another way, does this looks good enough for a first time for me? Or should I try harder?
I also added the holders for the spring.
NYC Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #17
NYC Al
AF Newbie

Also a few update on some details, got to do some touch up on the front break on the aluminum, got crazy trying to do the brembo writing and the chain with the black little dots for the pins, do you guys have any tricks on how to do very tiny writings? Also I am waiting for some studio detail parts to add some hose clamps, the corrugated hose looks good I think.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #18
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

The trick with doing the tiny lettering is to use very dilluted paint and a fine tip brush. Dip the brush in paint and just touch one end of a letter, you will see the paint flow through the letter. If you get any outside the letter you can take it away using a fine abrasive paper and then drybrush new paint if the sanding took any away. Drybrushing means you dip the brush in paint but then take most of it off on a paper towel. This way just a tiny amount of paint will remain on the brush and no paint will reach the lettering through capillary action.

Hard to say how the weldings look before you get some primer or paint on. They might look a bit "high".

/Joel
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
NYC Al
AF Newbie

Thanks for the tip about the small writing, I will try that for sure.
How the welding look now?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
NYC Al
AF Newbie

Also I resand all the parts I had made white to change the color ro red, some parts are black with the new design I am working on. I didn't spray any clear coat yet, then I have to find the way to make those decals.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
Twowheelsrule
AF Enthusiast

The center section of body work looks like sculpture with that red paint on it! Your pipes don't look perfect but, it is an improvement over the box pieces.

Mark
Twowheelsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #22
NYC Al
AF Newbie

Quote:
The center section of body work looks like sculpture with that red paint on it! Your pipes don't look perfect but, it is an improvement over the box pieces.
Mark
I hope the sculpture comment is a good one, lol, my goal is to do it as good as possible, so please be more specific about the pipes, what is in your eyes that can be improved, I want to try to get it better.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
Twowheelsrule
AF Enthusiast

The sculpture comment was meant to be good. In my opinion your pipes look good but, just need cleaned up in a couple areas. I put arrows were a little more smoothing would make your finish a little cleaner.

I tried to Photoshop in some heat stain to see what it would look like but, I don't think it came out correctly.

I am enjoying watching your build and hope to see it continue as it is coming along nicely.

Twowheelsrule is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes