Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > NASCAR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #31
DarkFox142
AF Newbie

Re: mysterious cautions...

yes cautions are done on purpose. this is done so that the cars come in to gas up, and such less risk of a wreck, becuase the less caustions the less the driver wants to come in. Cautions also keep the race "exciting" because when when its yellow, then that green flag goes back out the croud goes crazy and keeps them up and shouting for their favorite driver.
DarkFox142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #32
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

so your saying you dont mind that the results are tainted. and that nascar completely screws some teams over just for the sake of ratings?
TheStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #33
wrightz28
is bring'n sexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox142
yes cautions are done on purpose. this is done so that the cars come in to gas up, and such less risk of a wreck, becuase the less caustions the less the driver wants to come in. Cautions also keep the race "exciting" because when when its yellow, then that green flag goes back out the croud goes crazy and keeps them up and shouting for their favorite driver.
Some valid rationalizations there, especially at this time, early season. However, come the silly season, late July till the end when teams start making whacked changes with drivers and crew and everybody get's all confused, inexperienced and jumbled up, is when the saying "cautions breed cautions" comes to life.
wrightz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #34
DarkFox142
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStang00
so your saying you dont mind that the results are tainted. and that nascar completely screws some teams over just for the sake of ratings?
in what i said i never said i was okay with it, i was stating on why in my mind they did the yellow flags. no i dont think its right that they screw over teams, and such. but that is how it is. and unless we can get a bunch of nascar fans to change it, that is how its going to be. which is sad.
DarkFox142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #35
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

Looks like tony agrees with the staging

UPDATE: been told that NASCAR didn't allow the #20 Home Depot team to unload the car until Tony Stewar went to the NASCAR Hauler to discuss his comments about NASCAR and the debris cautions/staging races.(4-27-2007)
UPDATE 2: Tony Stewart met with NASCAR officials early this morning after a week in which he first skipped out on postrace media obligations following his second-place finish at Phoenix and then bashed the sanctioning body on his weekly radio show. According to the NASCAR entry blank, "the second and third place drivers, and the highest finishing Rookie of the Year candidate, must also report to the media center upon conclusion of the race." Since he left the track without fulfilling his obligation to speak to TV reporters or appear in the media center, Stewart has lashed out at NASCAR on his weekly radio show. Stewart met with officials at 7:00am/et, and NASCAR did not let his Joe Gibbs Racing team unload its car from the transporter until that meeting ended at 7:35am. Other competitors had unloaded their cars and begin work when the garage opened at 7am. Stewart is scheduled to meet with the media Friday.(SceneDaily.com)(4-27-2007)
UPDATE 3: ........The remarks infuriated image-conscious NASCAR officials, who called Stewart in to address the issue at 6 a.m. Friday, the hour the garage opened. "It's a little tender for me to sit down right now," Stewart quipped. But it wasn't a joke to NASCAR, which was expected to announce penalties later Friday. Series officials watched from the back of the media center as a humbled Stewart made his comments, which contrasted starkly with his remarks Tuesday. "To be honest, the group that I spoke with this morning is a group of peers that I trust. If they tell me the stuff is out there, I believe them," he said. "I should have went to them instead of just saying it out in public. That's frustration that's been building up with all these debris cautions.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #36
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

stewarts comments on his radio show were dead on. they probably threatened him BIG time to fix his remarks.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #37
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

what i'm wondering is how ppl are look at this with nascar getting onto stewart for somthign he said on his radio show b/c lets think about one of the things the country was based on.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #38
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

well if there wasnt reason to worry, then nascar wouldnt get pissed about the comments. the problem is that nascar is doing this so they have to be defensive. and if they actually arent doing this (which im 100% convinced they are) then there certainly is that perception. for instance, if someone said the nfl was fixing games everyone would just laugh, because theres no evidence of that whatsoever.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #39
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

i found a very interesting quote from tony, from his comments this morning.

"They honestly told me that sometimes they would love to find a way to have a caution, but they assured me they don't do that." - talking about nascar officials.

so this proves they have these motivations. this comment leads me to believe that when they want a caution, they can just find a plastic wrapper on the track and say they thought it was metal.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > NASCAR