Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
modman1
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 Yukon - Finally fixed misfire under load at 70 mph

thanks for that help gimpy will do. did a noid test today on the injection system elect.all is good waiting for ebay to send me 1 new injector for $29.99 and free ship.cant afford a $whole spider setup for $300.00 ,pulling that spider system is quite simple(for bullseye inquiry) worth saving $500.00 on a mechanic that doesnt know shizzl.a couple of bolts .hoping injector is what it is for bank 3.also replacing coil for my spark is yellow ,should be blue.
modman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
OConnb910
AF Newbie

I have also been subjected to this tortureous problem. I tried applying all I know of this and logic really did not seem to apply. Every troubleshooting technique used continually came up wrong!!!

I went through all of the replacement stuff that you did also. One after another, the problem still would popup whenever I would hit around 65-70mph under load. After a while it seemed that it was actually creating other issues with the Vehicle. And sure enough, after one episode where I was on a highway in Upstate NY and was going over a mountain, My Tranny went!!!! ( I really think the bucking finally took it toll on it). So I was in a jam. Replace Tranny? Was this maybe the cause of my problems? The Truck is in Awesome shape ( Afterall, I replaced everything!!!! ) So I did the Tranny!
Nice New Rebuilt Tranny from PDQ in Texas. Got it all put back together, and test drove it around town a bit. Felt a lot different as far as shifting and all that. First Strain test , 70 mph on a hill I got SES light coming on!!!! GRRRR.

Codes say MisFire and this time 2 O2 sensor errors. WTH? Then I recalled the previous year having a rash of O2 sensor codes that disappered. So I decided to replace all four! SURPRISE!!!!!! After that , I took it out full load and no Error Codes, smooth acceleration, and drove awesome!!!! HOWEVER, That is when I noticed a New Issuse! The Infamous Vibration and or Shudder at 70mph!!!! WTH????

Had underside checked out, found cracked U-Joint mount on the Shank, rear driveshaft, coool!!! NOT!!! 200 bucks later, driving out of that shop, still had the shudder.
So I seem to have traded one annoying dilema for another!!! And it is funny that these are so Common on these Beasts! WHY?????????????
OConnb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #18
Russe115
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 1999 Yukon - Finally fixed misfire under load at 70 mph

Just bought 99 yukon with the anticipation of it being pretty much worry free reliable, my SES came on after slowly driving on a dirt road and maybe some really cheap gas I'll pull the codes today.. I really hope It's just injectors, I'll check the intake gasket as well.. meaning I'll replace it, but damn what a heart break after I sold my problematic jeep for something reliable.. I hope it actually is.
Russe115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #19
1998s10
AF Newbie

I have had the bucking issue at speed. After hundreds of $ and changining the spyder to real injectors I finally found it to be the anti-knock sensor $60 and rather hard to get to. The ECU keeps advancing the timing until a knock,detonation, is heard then backs the timing down, does not due it on acceleration or deceleration, just normal cruising. Doesn't show up on normal scans from expert shops. I had to find this one myself.
1998s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #20
BIG . E
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 1999 Yukon - Finally fixed misfire under load at 70 mph

Thanks for the info. I was just about to change out my catalytic converters. I was having the exact same problems and after I read your posting I went ahead and changed out the crank position sensor and BAM problem went away. This saved me LOTS of money!! Thanks again.

FYI, I did not get any codes.
BIG . E is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon