Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '91 - '96
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
breezer_27
AF Newbie

92 Jetta Brake losing pressure.

about 3 month ago i was having a porblem, no brakes id press the brakes and the car wouldnt stop, the pedal would jsut go all the way down. so i changed the master cylinder. after 2 weeks i noticed when id brake, sometimes it would lose pressure and the brake would go all the way down again and car wouldnt stop, when i pump the brakes it catches again. what could i be? maybe hopefully just brake fluid? any ideas?
breezer_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
boschmann
AF Fanatic

Re: 92 Jetta Brake losing pressure.

Hold steady pressure on the pedal & see if it slowly goes down after several minutes. If it does & there is no fluid loss it indicates the master is bad again. If you pump once or twice & always stays hard then it might be a rear shoe adjusment issue. Old fluid can cause a spongy all the time feel, never feeling hard - kind of like air in the system.
boschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
breezer_27
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 92 Jetta Brake losing pressure.

Mechanic jsut called and told me that he presses the brake and its sturdy, so he said he will bleed the brakes to see if resolves the problem? What do you guys think? I think im going to get my car back the same way i brought it in, and im going to pay for his work too.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
breezer_27
AF Newbie

Ok the mechanic said my wheel cylinder is cracked and im leaking fluid, also my brakes need to be changed in the back. That's why im having the problem with the brake pressure sometimes. He said this is the problem and he's gonna fix it.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
breezer_27
AF Newbie

So just to let everyone know, in case they have a similar problem. The replacemet of my two rear wheel cylinders and new rear brakes did the trick. I was losing fluid and therefore losing presure.

Now if someone can just tell me why my car stalls when splashed undernear with water. i.e. going over a huge puddle etc...

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
46SM
AF Newbie

The stalling issue is most likely the ignition coil... it's a common problem with these cars. The ignition coil housing develops a crack and it will not work when wet (raining, puddle, whatever). To confirm this, use a spray bottle to direct water at it while the car is running... if the car sputters or stalls, replace the ignition coil.
46SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #7
mike1989
AF Newbie

my 92 jetta did the same thing. i had leaks in my brake line.
mike1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '91 - '96