Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #91
Modelcargarage
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Modelcargarage
HAHA

Yes you most certainly can!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:28 PM   #92
sexy_sunshine
AF Newbie

When it comes to cleaning my car, i'll literally take like five hours to clean the whole thing........hand wash it, polish it, wax it, everything. When it comes to more mechanical work, i wish i knew alot more!

Sexy, Sweet and OUT OF CONTROL!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:24 PM   #93
girlsrace2
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to girlsrace2 Send a message via Yahoo to girlsrace2
Well seeing since I dont have a car yet, I work on my bf's 90 CRX....

I've helped put in his new motor, put in his stereo, change his turn signal bulbs...I think thats it...

i know how to change the oil, change a flat tire, pretty much everything I need to know I know how to do!

"Dont feel bad when a girl beats your ass in a race!"

"Objects in the mirror are losing!"

www.cardomain.com/id/mylilrex.....check this lil hot rod out...lol
Old 09-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #94
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Re: Do you girls work on your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsrace2
Well seeing since I dont have a car yet, I work on my bf's 90 CRX....
here is a link to the helm's online for your b/f's crx. you can access it online or download it

http://www.binghamtonlife.com/manual/manual.htm

please feel free to ask me for help any time! sometimes the guys in the civic/crx forum get distracted by the fact you have boobs instead of a penis

been awhile sine i have posted here. i'm actually pretty damn proud to say if it wasn't for me busting ass 3-4 days straight last month my hubby's 91 civic si would still be sitting. we got it from an auction with a blown tranny. when it came time to pull the engine the axles were stuck in the tranny pinned by floating gears and a chunk of the tranny case that broke. hubby got to dick around with that for 4 hrs while i got everything disconnected. i also changed the oil, tranny fluid, thermo, and some other stuff on the new engine. we both got the new engine in and when it came time to put everything back together the driver's side rotor was siezed at this point it's sun night and he had to go back to work the next day (ended up working overtime all next week). that is when i jumped in. over the next couple of days i replaced his front suspension...swapped it out with integra just to have a friend with a swap shop to tell me so i swapped it back out and put in another working civic hub/knuckle. go to test drive the car and the radiator has a hole. i yanked that out and put in another. next problem to find was the front end was too low. i pulled out the cut springs and added some eibach lowering springs. in the middle of all this i also wet sanded a filler piece (goes under headlights above bumper) painted it black and dug out a spare bumper & polished it up. the previous owner hit a guardrail in the snow.

phew...that was alot. and i'm damn proud!

i have been finding myself saying "all i need is my breaker bar and the floor jack" alot lately

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
Old 09-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #95
girlsrace2
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to girlsrace2 Send a message via Yahoo to girlsrace2
Hey thanks alot!

I added you to my aol list if thats ok...

Well last night on the way home the universal joint one my bf's crx broke and we were thrown across the road.....thank god that there were no cars coming!

But ended up having to have the damn thing towed home.....It gets fixed on Sunday so that will be good when its done.....

My bf posts on CRX/Civic forum and then again so do I....

But thanks again!

"Dont feel bad when a girl beats your ass in a race!"

"Objects in the mirror are losing!"

www.cardomain.com/id/mylilrex.....check this lil hot rod out...lol
Old 09-26-2003, 02:04 PM   #96
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsrace2
Hey thanks alot!

I added you to my aol list if thats ok...

Well last night on the way home the universal joint one my bf's crx broke and we were thrown across the road.....thank god that there were no cars coming!

But ended up having to have the damn thing towed home.....It gets fixed on Sunday so that will be good when its done.....

My bf posts on CRX/Civic forum and then again so do I....

But thanks again!
that is 100% okay. sometimes in the evenings we hold a 4th gen chatroom. lately i've been flaking because i'm sick (doh!)

sorry to here you guys had to tow home but glad it wasn't worse!!!

i had noticed you were posting in the civic/crx forum...what is your b/f screen name? you can pm me if you want

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
Old 09-28-2003, 01:29 PM   #97
LadyRacer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LadyRacer Send a message via MSN to LadyRacer Send a message via Yahoo to LadyRacer
I definitely just bought my car a few months ago...
i work on the minor stuff like...
filters, breaks, lights, wires, audio, seats
but when it comes to replacing engines n stuff...
i leave that to the pros...
knowing me i'll mess somethin up
Old 09-29-2003, 05:04 PM   #98
vacant_disguise
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to vacant_disguise
i havent dont any of the work mon my car yet due to lack of funds but i help my boyfriend with his car. put in intake , lower car, change coil overs, install strut tower bars,change tires. and stuff like that.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:13 PM   #99
DVSracergirl
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DVSracergirl

i do all the work on my car....except wiring. i also work at shop where i do everything from port and polishing, to valve trains, sc, turbo installs, motor swaps, bolt ons and the list goes on....so do i lke working on my own car? not as much as before when i wasnt dead from wrenching on other peoples cars all day.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #100
GirlracerZrule
AF Newbie

fuck ya i do all the shit on my car ain't no stupid fuck touching my baby i love her....i treat her gewd and she treats me gewd ya ya
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #101
1600cc
AF Enthusiast

well, all you girls sound impressive...hell...some are even better than me...i'll admit...but at least i can feel proud that i know how to change my bike rims, replace my brakes and seats...lol...
Old 11-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #102
yelow88crxsi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to yelow88crxsi Send a message via Yahoo to yelow88crxsi
i think that its great that girls know how to do shit to their cars....me and my ex put in my motor.....and ive been learning...i cant help with just about everything....i recently put on new pads and rotors...and changed my vcg......alls i need help on is my clutch..that i need put in ASAP..i think i know how to do it...but i dont want to do it alone ya know!!!!!! xoxox

Yellow88 Honda Crx Si ~~RETIRED~~ RIP CRX 12/03
~Black 89 Crx si~
zc 1.6 sohc
full exhaust
short shifter
momo steerig wheel
15.6@88mph oh baby oh baby

"The non-turbo supra, z23 cavi, p5t (new protoge? turbo) BEATER!!!*

Im looking for a cheap turbo setup....im me: HndaCrxGirl
Old 11-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #103
civicvietgrl
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to civicvietgrl

dont have a import for myself yet but my boyfriend usually gets me to help him out on his 91hb dx w/ a b16a motor. its fun.
hoping to find a car that i really want soon. looking at a mazda rx7 '89. what do u guys think?