Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Redline vs. G8 GT!

We were putting the wrap on our friend's G8 GT for our ND500 Rally promo vid (You will see it on my car in the vid) and we decided to run them for shits and giggles. You all know my mods (in sig), and the G8 has an intake and a Superchips tune. We ran from about 40-115 or so and I was getting heatsoaked since we just did a pull before this and it was 90* out, but I still managed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7I6m-vgnA

What does this prove you ask? That I can still kick some ass in a pink shirt!
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Re: Redline vs. G8 GT!

Got to hand it to you guys in these Redline/Cobalts. They fucking move out. I would love to trade the GTP for a TC/SS but its my beater and its still fun to drive.

Nice race!

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Thanks man! Its amazing what E85 will do for these cars. A dino fuel (gasoline) car with my same setup without meth injection would prolly barely keep up with that G8 if not just maybe inch it out. Most guys will barely see 260whp if they are lucky on dino fuel, and on E85 on my setup most guys have been dynoing 290 whp or so
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
TatII
AF Fanatic

Nice race, we don't have access to E85 here in the east coast but I don't think its worth converting over since the fuel system would have changed to run much much richer and i would get no gains from a NA car unless I was running 12:1 comp ratio. I have seen plenty of other cars get huge gains from running ethanol but they were all boosted.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Yeah E85 on a stock compression NA car wouldnt show much for gains. Boosted cars love it though

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing