Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 03:53 PM   #16
TheRebirth
Banned

lol..i second that
Old 05-18-2003, 10:55 PM   #17
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Since this thread is back from the dead...

Tal... there's a TSGA meet May 31 at 2pm at the mall of GA (food court area parking lot)... if you're in the area and wanna swing by, feel free... we have an accord club coming, as well, so it should be fun.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:16 PM   #18
Thedarkside
AF Regular

Well I have a couple of suggestions (Let the dumb comments begin )...but if you really want to make your car faster...what kind of speed do you want???? Do you want just straight-line balls out speed (As glorified by Fast and Furious) or do you want road racing speed?

1) If you want straight-line speed then investing in a good turbo would be the answer (Greddy, Apexi) or a supercharger (Jackson Racing), they would give you the most bang (horsepower) for the buck. NOS is always good...but maybe before you do all that you may want to investigate exactly what kinda intake and exhaust system u have because not all intakes and exhausts are the same. AEM makes a V2 Cold air intake that is awesome. The biggest investment you can make though is knowing your car and knowing where you car makes the most power, and getting so familiar with your car that everything, especially your shifts become automatic and smooth. Push yourself to your driving limits and get better before you start spending all that money making your car faster...you'd be surprised at how a good driver in a crappy car can beat a bad driver in a faster car...

2) If you want road racing/canyon racing speed then I'd go an all motor route and do some suspension work and better tire selection (because once again not all tires are the same). I'm not to much of a Honda person (Cough...Toyota/Suzuki) but guessing from the year of your Honda you have a B series engine...there is a lot you can do to that engine. The way you want to go about it though is you want a smooth powerband from idle to redline with a minimal amount of peaks and dips, because if your going around a right hand bend doing 70mph and you have a little peak @ 6,000rpm, then it'll unsettle your chassis and you will have to compensate. Start out letting the engine breathe better...(Cat-back exhaust, headers, intake)...then get some nice tires (Pirelli man myself) along with a good suspension setup (Eibach springs and Koni shocks are always nice) and always the cheapest thing you can do that I'd start out with first is practice, find out what your limitations are and improve on your driving skill before you spend money on the car...
Old 10-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #19
00tegra
AF Regular

a quick and esay way to start in the engine is underdrive pullies, from AEM. they are not that expensive and they take power that the engine is using for the electric and stuff, and puts it to the wheels where it counts. they can earn around 7-10 Hp.