Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 951
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Important! Changes coming to the Porsche forums.

Attention all, there are some changes coming to the Porsche forums, I figured I'd give you all a heads up first.

The big changes are that the 911, 930, 993 and 996 forums are going to be merged, as well as the 924, 944 and 968 forums.

I realize that there may be some objections to this, but honestly, there just isn't enough traffic through most of these forums. I think we will be able to build a stronger Porsche community here at AF if we consolidate our 911 and 924/944/968 series forums, we'll get more people involved in posting, and attract more new members.

As it is the 930, 993 and 964 forums all put together see about half as much traffic as the 911 forum, and the 924 and 968 forums are just about dead. It doesn't look too good when a newcomer checks out the forums, and sees the last post is two months old, and there is a total post count of less than 1000 for the forum.

If anyone has any thoughts about this, let me know.

Your humble Porsche moderator.

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:51 AM   #2
87Porsche951
AF Enthusiast

Re: Important! Changes coming to the Porsche forums.

Cbass, thats a good idea. Makes it alot esier to fallow certain topics too. Thats how Rennlist is setup.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
993cc
AF Regular

Re: Important! Changes coming to the Porsche forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass
Attention all, there are some changes coming to the Porsche forums, I figured I'd give you all a heads up first.

The big changes are that the 911, 930, 993 and 996 forums are going to be merged, as well as the 924, 944 and 968 forums.

I realize that there may be some objections to this, but honestly, there just isn't enough traffic through most of these forums. I think we will be able to build a stronger Porsche community here at AF if we consolidate our 911 and 924/944/968 series forums, we'll get more people involved in posting, and attract more new members.

As it is the 930, 993 and 964 forums all put together see about half as much traffic as the 911 forum, and the 924 and 968 forums are just about dead. It doesn't look too good when a newcomer checks out the forums, and sees the last post is two months old, and there is a total post count of less than 1000 for the forum.

If anyone has any thoughts about this, let me know.

Your humble Porsche moderator.

Good points but I don't get the logic behind the following..

a dedicated 951 (944 Turbo) forum....?! following your reasoning this should be included in the 924/944/968 section....otherwise we might as well get a special 911 Turbo section which would be far more popular..

the 912 could be included in the 911 section... I know it has VW engines but the car is otherwise 911 based and too rare for a dedicated section anyway....just a thought

while the undeniably legendary 959 gets a (scarcely populated) section the current Carrera GT doesn't.... either both of them should have an own section or both be included in the non-specific...

the section about all 911 cars could go under a simple ''911'' tag otherwise you should include the 997 and 964 and rename it to 911/930/964/993/996/997 ......too long so a simple 911 is enough
in my opinion...

a final suggestion would be a section named ''Competition Cars'' or ''Racecars'' which are a major part of Porsche's history...

that's it from me!
thanks for listening!
993cc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 951