Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Acclaim
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
perplexed783836
AF Newbie

Unhappy 91 Acclaim wheel skip on acceleration

Hoping someone has come across this. My mother inlaw has a 91 Acclaim V6. After a recent bout of fairly cold weather about -35 the tires will skip, somewhat like the transmission is slipping upon initial excelration. Now here's the kicker. Her boyfriend has overfilled the tranny, would this cause the transmission to slip on exceleration, I've heard of slipping with not enough oil but not with to much. I't doesn't seem like the CV joints as you don't get the usual clicking when turning indicating a bad CV joint. Any light anyone can shed on this would be appreciated. I am going to service the tranny and engine for her and wonder if I should be looking furthur. In another thread someone mentioned skipping and someone said to pull the wire to the torque converter lock up. Where might this wire be situated. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by perplexed783836; 02-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.
perplexed783836 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Acclaim