Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
John Tooley
AF Newbie

2001 Tahoe Keyless Bob

The dealer said that I can reprogram a new keyless remote by holding the lock and unlock on the bob for 7 seconds near the vehicle. It didn't work. Has anyone solved this one?
John Tooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
I have had some people who are having difficulty with the tahoes keyless entry procedures, you may have to try the procedure a few times. This is the correct procedure for your vehicle.

Welcome to AF

Document ID # 660746
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Tahoe - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the two following procedures:

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID # 660746
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Tahoe - 4WD
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #3
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Split thread for 1998 Tahoe Keyless entry programming.
Find it Here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t87608.html

Thanks John
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: 2001 Tahoe Keyless Bob

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tooley
The dealer said that I can reprogram a new keyless remote by holding the lock and unlock on the bob for 7 seconds near the vehicle.
Those are the instructions written inside the plastic fob (visible when you replace the battery). Out of scientific curiosity I tried it on someone elses car in the parking lot... it didn't work & now I feel more secure. If that method worked, then I could theoretically go around unlocking GM vehicles left & right Glad to see that GM thought of that detail:smoka:
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
smaginnis
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Tahoe Keyless Fob

I have tried this opperation several times on my 02 Tahoe, and nothing works. My question is will FOB's from a 00 Tahoe work on an 02? I bought a couple of 00 FOB's and the procedure did not work at all. I called Chevy and they told me that the FOB's changed half way through 01??? Does any one have any knowledge on this?
smaginnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
roadrunner2
AF Regular

Re: 2001 Tahoe Keyless Fob

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaginnis View Post
I have tried this opperation several times on my 02 Tahoe, and nothing works. My question is will FOB's from a 00 Tahoe work on an 02? I bought a couple of 00 FOB's and the procedure did not work at all. I called Chevy and they told me that the FOB's changed half way through 01??? Does any one have any knowledge on this?
I have an '02 Tahoe but not with your problem, however.........

On your question of "will the fobs from a '00 Tahoe work on an '02?"

They will, as long as they have been reprogrammed to that Tahoes' keyless remote frequency.

It all part of the security systems.

The procedure of pointing a remote at the vehicle and holding the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously only works if the remote was previously programmed to that vehicle.

I had a problem with a remote (or thought I did) for a '00 Silhouette I had.

I thought first the battery had died so I changed it and did the hold down procedure to no avail.

I tried the wifes' remote and found it didn't work either.

I had the van towed to my techs shop who came up with the solution five minutes later.

He found the reason the remotes wouldn't work was due to dirty contacts in the vehicle remote receiver which in those vans are located under the dash lid.
Both remote batteries changed and reprogrammed and I was away.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe