Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
ladytex70
AF Newbie

Buying an '03 Envoy SLT

Evening everyone I'm looking at buying an '03 Envoy SLT and just curious to know if there are any problems I should look out for. (It's a 4x4 with 37k miles.)

Thanks for any info....
ladytex70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
brg1
AF Newbie

Re: Buying an '03 Envoy SLT

I just bought a 03 Envoy sle with 34,500 miles for $15,100 from auction. I did do alot of checking on these vehicle before I made my purchase. I found that the 02 models had a few problems but most of the issues were taken care of on the 03 models. I checked for all my info. online and with a friend that works for a GMC dealership. I did see about 8, 03 envoy slt's sell at auction and they went from $15 to $16.5 with a milage from mid 30's to 70's. I would tell you to call your local GMC dealership and have them check the service and recall history on the vehicle you are interested in. They can do this very easily with the last 8 numbers of the VIN.

check the history and current condition, thats about the best you can do with vehicles.

Good luck.
Brian
brg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
ladytex70
AF Newbie

Thanks Brian...appreciate the advice, I'll have the hubby check with the local GMC dealer; he's the car guy in the family. Thanks again....
ladytex70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
grc225
AF Newbie

I have an 03 Envoy which I really like but at 52,000 miles the Transmission needed replaced.
GM did nothing, so that cost me 3000 dollars and hopefully that is the end of the problem.....I have had no other problems with the vehicle.

I feel GM knew about the problem because they now guarantee the new transmission for 100,000 miles.
grc225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
jhinz57
AF Newbie

I had a 2003 Envoy and loved it. Great ride and did not have a problem with it. I just purchased a new 2005 in late August and hate it. Less than 6000 miles on it. Too many unexplainable electronic problems. The dealer and GM have abandoned me. I have owned nothing but GM for that past 15 years. I also have a 2004 Seville that is a good vehicle. I have purchased my last GM vehicle. I'm going foreign from now on. You would think GM would want to hold on to every customer they could. Evidently they don't consider brand loyalty worth the effort.
If you buy it get the extended warranty on it. And by the way.to replace a burned out headlamp it is $500.00
jhinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy