Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
madmanmapper
AF Regular

Re: 4604/41te Transmission

Not really, because the transmission is bolted to the engine, which is grounded. Be sure to check all your fuses, the A604 transmission is electronic. If you're worried about the ground wire, do like that other guy said and ground it yourself.

You say you don't have enough money for a rebuilt trasmission? You can't afford to take your car to a transmission shop and have them rebuild yours? No doubt you could take the transmission out by yourself, Chryslers are easy. But a rebuild kit costs something like $150. But I beleive that only comes with clutches, seals, gaskets, and a filter. I can't remember the name of that part that broke in my A604 a while ago. But my dad is a transmission mechanic... even though I fixed it myself, we have a shop full of parts, you'll still have to go to a trans shop and ask them for some kind of part. They probably won't charge you much.

If you lived around Chicago, we would give you the best price on a transmission job.
madmanmapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
grizlbr
AF Newbie

After much searching at least found a chart. My 93 Eclipse has a strap to exhaust? 02 Caravan has chassis ground and battery ground driver side intake manifold. A loose strap at firewall probably goes to your hood.
http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift....html#settings
grizlbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #18
Moparone12345
AF Newbie

Hello,several years back a thread on the location of a wire splice of the red ground wires for Chrysler 604 41te transmission. This splice and others are in the tcm to solenoid wiring harness that runs under the radiator from left side where tcm is to the solenoid on the transmission. I have 92 spirit with 70,000 miles on it. Transmission was bad.I just installed remanufactured transmission and I am getting code 41 and 42 intermittent. Never seen vehicle fight so much to get repaired.I removed the harness and checked each wire with ohm meter from prong to prong following wire colors.I found the wire splices
Moparone12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager