Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #31
MCOSoliTear
AF Newbie

Re: Flashing HVAC lights after new battery

Thank you folks for this thread. I just changed the battery in my 98 Caravan. I had the lights. Google led me here.

I did the test and didn't wait long enough and got the two flashing lights.

I redid the "fix" and let the van run some, a couple minutes, and then when I went out only one light was flashing. I pressed it like the instructions said and all was well. So maybe some of those folks who are getting the two lights flashing, the wiper lights, are not letting the test run long enough.

I have you guys bookmarked thanks!!!!!!!!!
MCOSoliTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #32
Lovin'myfamily
AF Newbie

Thank you sooo much for your advice! My husband and I have been trying to figure out what the deal was with the 2 flashing lights on our van. It was driving us crazy. I came across this board and found the answer. On my way home from work I fixed it (after playing with it for 20 minutes) and ran in the house telling my hubby. He was shocked, especially since he does a ton of mechanic work and had no idea what the deal was...LOL

This is what I did:

Started my van
Turn dials to panel, heat & high speed fan
pressed furthest left button (wash rear window) and furthest right button on the bottom (air conditioning)
It ran through its series (even turned on air cond.) and left one button flashing.
I pushed that last flashing button AND
hit the button on my auto starter remote that keeps the engine started without the keys and it worked like a charm!

I tried all kinds of different combos and nothing was working. I was about to give up and run in to my babysitter's house to get the kids, but wanted to keep the car running with the heat and it cleared the lights...lol I was soooo happy!
Lovin'myfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #33
ks_87
AF Newbie

Bringing back a possibly dead thread, but just wanted to thank the posters and give some new info. Have a 98 Voyager and had that blinking lights problem. Ran the first test, then was left with the recirc and a/c lights blinking together. Ran the cool down test and was left with the left-side-topmost button and left-side-middle button flashing in a 1 and 6 pattern pressed the top button (Was expecting only the top button to be flashing, but got this instead) pressed the top button and all lights turned off. Fixed. Thanks again!
ks_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #34
gir11910
AF Newbie

I have a 97 Dodge Caravan and tried had the flashing AC and Recirc LEDs simultaneous after a battery jump start a month ago. I followed the "Normal" Cool down Test procedure to always end up with a successfull and final slow blinking light of the Rear Wiper LED. During the test only the Rear Window and Intermittant Rear would alternate flashing .But the AC/Recirc flashing would always come back. --UNTIL-- I follow the same setup as defined by so many posts (High blower, temp to COLD, mode to Panel) but the only difference was that I initiated the test with the Rear Wash and AC buttons instead of the Rear Wash and Rear Wiper buttons. This starts the test and during the test - 'Amazingly' the Recirc and AC lights would alternate flash. This time when the test was done, all the lights went out by themselves and I simply restarted my van. IT WAS FIXED!!!
gir11910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
LisaLondon
AF Newbie

gir11910 is correct. I found the solution she mentions here:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-...yager-1998.htm
I'm only including the Cooldown Test because that was the one I had a hard time finding the actual procedure for.

From that site:
-------
"COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TESTS:
Set Blower motor ON HIGH
Set Mode position to Panel
Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds
NOTE: If the evaporator is already cold, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test.

RESULTS:
All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds (Until all LED's light)
Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has failed. Make sure that the Blower motor is ON high, and temperature is ON full Cold, abort test and repeat Calibration "
-------
I did this, turned the car on and off twice, let it sit for 20 mins, started the car and turned on and off the AC and recirc buttons and still no light blinking.

I hope this helps someone.
LisaLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #36
sastryh
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Flashing HVAC lights after new battery

I had similar problem in my 1998 Grand Caravan for the past year (or ore perhaps?) and had been wondering what to do? Should I take it to the dealer and spend couple of hundred dollars or to a auto repair shop and be at their mercy for telling me so much is broke that I cannot afford to repair it anymore!! Today, while I was looking for a video to replace the Steering Wheel Clock Spring and how to do this, I just happened to Google search for flashing lights, I stumbled upon couple of other posts which are talking about running some diagnostic tool and reset code etc etc and I had no idea how to do this and then saw this post in this forum. The post by camachoaj on 11/18/2003 caught my attention where he(or she?) explained so methodically how it could be reset. I also did exactly as it was described after printing the post and running to my car. Everything happened exactly the way it was mentioned there. However, when the top button was flashing slowly, the bottom right two lights - AC, circulation - kept on flashing. Then something stuck me. My van is also equipped with a temp slider knob for the rear section as well and I did not switch it on initially. Next time, I went thru the procedure posted by camachoaj , I also turned on the Rear Temp knob to full throttle and like a miracle happened, it all worked fine!! Now I am no longer facing the flashing lights!!! Thanks everyone who were on this post!!!
sastryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #37
JAHcarfix
AF Newbie

Thank you all- this worked a treat for my 1998 Grand Voyager (also full right is 'hot' in my version). Joined especially so I could show my appreciation to all involved in this thread :-).
JAHcarfix is offline   Reply With Quote