Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
cowboystuff
AF Newbie

1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager, limp home mode and check guages light

My check gauges light keeps going on and off, constantly, and all the gauges go flat or zero, and back and forth and back and forth, while the check gauges light goes on and off and on and off, and sometimes it alternates with the check engine light or the door adjar light.
Also while driving, the transmission goes into limp mode.
I've already replaced the TCM and the shift solenoid pack.
I also replaced both speed sensors.
I've also replaced, because it had overheated due to a burst bypass hose, (this is when the check gauges problem started), two hoses, thermostat, temp sensor, three AC pressure sensors, the oil pressure sensor, as I broke it trying to get the clamps off the bypass hose, and the oli filter. I found and fixed some broken fusable links in the electrical cable. I've cleaned electric contacts and cleaned and repaired electrical grounds to engine and body, as well as both battery cables. I've also checked and tested pretty much, all the relays, and they seem ok. I noticed that when the check gauges light comes on and the gauges flatten out, if I press an electric window button, the gauges go back to normal, while it's pressed, but I also see the dash lights dim slightly. I've also tried a different BCM, with no difference.
I'm thinking the two problems may be related, but not sure.
Any help with this is appreciated. I've also been told, there was a problem with the solder joints in the gauge cluster. I'v had that out and photographed it and checked all input posts for continuity. A cluster repair guy, told me to solder them anyway, but I didn't.
cowboystuff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager