Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #16
weppb1
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 Grand Caravan ES - intermittent no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfcorpse
I have had the "gauge dead/ABS light on" problem and have the "turn the key and nothing problem" on my 98 GV. I resolved the gauge problem by re-soldering the connecter on the cluster. The other problem will go away for months at a time and then return I think it is a relay or a loose connection but I havent spent too much time with it. When the van wont start I open the hood and pull the cover off the relay/fuse box. I pound the relays a few times then turn the key and it starts. The problem seems to be related to how much of a hurry I'm in
Your problem sounds similar to mine "smurf". I have not had a problem for over a year now ("knock on wood!!"). Never did find a cause.
weppb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
weppb1
AF Newbie

My problems have started again after almost 2 years of being just fine!! Van engine will just die when driving ... has happened at various speeds or even when idling at light. Even stopped once when I had it in the garage when technicians were observing... now they know I am not crazy!!
No codes show up when they test. Engine will start again.. sometimes on first try or in a few minutes of just sitting. Very frustrating but no ideas on fixing it have been recommended from techs.
weppb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #18
moparman58
AF Newbie

weppb1, sounds a lot like the problem I had with mine last summer. Mysteriously would die, then I would be able to get it to restart just fine for a little while. Was taking it in to the AAA shop and it died twice. Turned out to be the cam sensor was failing. Has run just fine since being replaced.
moparman58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #19
Obi_have
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfcorpse
I have had the "gauge dead/ABS light on" problem and have the "turn the key and nothing problem" on my 98 GV. I resolved the gauge problem by re-soldering the connecter on the cluster. The other problem will go away for months at a time and then return I think it is a relay or a loose connection but I havent spent too much time with it. When the van wont start I open the hood and pull the cover off the relay/fuse box. I pound the relays a few times then turn the key and it starts. The problem seems to be related to how much of a hurry I'm in
I am having intermittent no start problems with my 93 Voyager...today was one of those days it didn't feel like starting. I did a quick google search, discovered this forum, and right after reading this post I went out and gave my relays a good whack and the van started right up. I know it's not a fix but it gave me a good laugh.
Obi_have is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #20
steeler68
AF Newbie

i think the ralay is the ticket
steeler68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #21
Adooublejones
AF Newbie

Hello, I have a 98 Dodge Caravan ES 3.8ltr. I'm experiencing a problem with my anti theft system. I dont have the remote only the key, which has been working fine till recently. Now my van is enabling the anti theft on its own. I looked it up online found out different ways to dis-alarm it. But its a total inconvenience! I called the Dodge dealership but they want entirely to much money to see whats wrong! Does anyone know what I must do in order to get the alarm working correctly and be able to drive my van? Please help!!!!!
Adooublejones is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager