Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
Cinque
AF Newbie

H S C

Does anyone know anything about the HSC. Its apparently the car that will take the place of the NSX in 2005. It is the next NSX. The thing is that all the descpritions on it have been very vague. I don't know how many killowatts it will have or how much it will weigh either. Is it going to be naturally aspirated? I heard a while ago that a turbo may be brought into the picture. I can't find much on it, so if anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.
Cinque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR
Re: H S C

Well the HSC, high sports concept (something like that) is in the process of becoming the next Nsx. Hondas flag ship. It will NOT use forced introduction, not a supercharger, no turbo. It will use a 3.5 -3.8 V8 engine that supposedly honda is producing for the top notch acura TL and a peppiest version for the HSC. It is expected that the car will AT LEAST produce 350 horsepower and weighting less. Currently the all aluminium honda nsx weighs around 3300 lbs. It is expected that the HSC will weigh 3050-3100 lbs, because its has shortened some inches. If 350-380 hp are achieved on a 3100 lbs car, it is expected that the car will run low low 4s 0-60 mph. 4.2. and the quarter mile sprint will be in the mid 12s.

Nissan and Honda are taking on top notch european cars.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
Cinque
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinque
Does anyone know anything about the HSC. Its apparently the car that will take the place of the NSX in 2005. It is the next NSX. The thing is that all the descpritions on it have been very vague. I don't know how many killowatts it will have or how much it will weigh either. Is it going to be naturally aspirated? I heard a while ago that a turbo may be brought into the picture. I can't find much on it, so if anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.
Thankyou very much for your information. I take it you're not from Australia. I am and gone are the days where we use horse power and lbs as a form of measure for cars. So I'm finding it a little difficult to understand everything. We also drive in kilometres not miles so I take it that 0 - 60 miles is the same as 0 - 100 kilometres? And the quater mile my friend is universal. Can I ask where you got your information from and do you know about other Honda's by any chance?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Yeah im in mexico, we use kilometers per hour here also. The lbs per horsepower is something simple, if a car is lighter with more horsepower its faster. Why is a civic faster than some pickups? pick ups have more horsepower but the wigh a lot more thats way they are slower. If you type Honda HSC on google, pictures and info will come up. 0-60 mph is basically the same as 0-100 kph, its exactly 97 kph, so its abou the same thing. The next NSX, HSC is supposed to have a top speed of 310 kph, very fast. The current one tops at around 265 kph pretty fast also. If you want more information about Hondas, just ask me and ill answer, just be specific about your questions...id be glad to answer, you can add me if you have msn messenger. edgar_mendez@hotmail.com
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Old 01-29-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
Cinque
AF Newbie

Re: Re: H S C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinque
Thankyou very much for your information. I take it you're not from Australia. I am and gone are the days where we use horse power and lbs as a form of measure for cars. So I'm finding it a little difficult to understand everything. We also drive in kilometres not miles so I take it that 0 - 60 miles is the same as 0 - 100 kilometres? And the quater mile my friend is universal. Can I ask where you got your information from and do you know about other Honda's by any chance?
The other question I had about a particular Honda is the legend. Does it exist over there? Anyway just in case it doesn't, it was brought out to be a high end level accord. It competitors would have intially been the BMW 5 series, Mercedes E class, or Audi A6. The model hasn't been updated for quite a long time now and it has basically lost any edge it once had. I was reading that Head Office is currently working on a new one which should have more than 300 killowatts. I think that would translate into about 400 horsepower. Oh and I am an extreme car buff and I'm fully aware of the power to weight ratio system. What I couldn't understand was pounds. Meaning a S2000 has 180 odd killowatts and weights approximatley 1250 killograms. Thus makings its power to weight ratio 6.94. Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborginis all hover around a ratio of 4.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:06 PM   #6
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

True, the legend in the United States does exist, its badged as an acura, not as a honda, although its the same thing. Since top notch acuras are using v6 engines, the new comparable legend from austrailia to the US will have a v8 engine naturally aspirated, thats what they say, building a new engine for the NSX and the most expensive acuras.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Old 02-01-2004, 01:44 AM   #7
Crippy
AF Enthusiast

i read in a friend of mine's magazine (cant really remeber wich one right now) that it was going to be quad turbo !! no joke
Crippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #8
Starbucks
AF Newbie

You won't see any amount of turbos in any honda or acura ever. Honda has pledged to stay away from all forced induction.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #9
Cinque
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippy
i read in a friend of mine's magazine (cant really remeber wich one right now) that it was going to be quad turbo !! no joke
Actaully, I don't know if you're in Australia but we have to Honda accords here. The euro and the luxury. At the end of this year Honda a bringing in a turbo accord euro with over 190 kilowatts. But I was also the impression that they were going to stay away from forced induction. I may have read the same article. Apparently they did it in the seventys or eights and they has nothing but trouble with them.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #10
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexSiR
It will use a 3.5 -3.8 V8 engine that supposedly honda is producing for the top notch acura TL and a peppiest version for the HSC.

Are you sure?

Car & Driver and Road & Track said it would be for the future Acura RL

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Well, Ive read that they are making v8s now, for the tl or rl, the most expensive out of those, so yeah the RL...Theyre considering making pick-up trucks also...so thats why.,
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Old 05-16-2004, 12:18 AM   #12
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!

About Honda not using turbos: The current model Honda Life is available with a turbocharged engine. Just FYI.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:09 AM   #13
darkerdayz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to darkerdayz Send a message via MSN to darkerdayz Send a message via Yahoo to darkerdayz

and honda is also coming out with a turbo deisel accord that will be available in europe.

darkerdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #14
redhorseV6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to redhorseV6

a kilogram is equal to about 2.2 lbs. so.
redhorseV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #15
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Hello,

it is difficult to be sure, I think a V6 is too "normal" for a 150k€ car !

I hope a V10 3 liters

Ciao
Phil

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX