Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

90 Civic DX HB vs 2k2 G20 Sport

I ran twice against a 90 Civic HB tonight. I won once and lost once. The little thing has a stock 95hp engine (I know its sad), intake, exhaust, headers, droped and it was on spare tires up front. It was also a manual unlike my auto G20. All I got is a Stillen pop on the performance side. The first run was so freaking jacked up. I lost track of the count down and even yelled out, "wait a sec!" But he was already gone. So I got up to his back bumper and stayed there the whole run. I didnt get my second run right either but it was good enough for a win. We made a U turn all the way back to where we started the first time. I held my RPM's at 2k and kept track of the count. We went at the same time and I was ahead of him the whole race. At the end of the race I could see his headlights in my side mirror. He was a about half a car behind me. Damn that light little Civic.

Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 12:22 PM   #2
CanadianG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to CanadianG Send a message via Yahoo to CanadianG
boooooooooooooooo

no excuses when our cars get beaten by a 90 civic manual or auto!
No excuses BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I know my car aint getting beat by any honda without a "HEART TRANSPLANT" regardless of the mods(naturally aspirated) that is!
They can bolt on whatever they want into that little car but I'll still eat his food!
Old 11-22-2001, 12:37 PM   #3
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

Its all about power to weight ratio. That thing weighs half of what my car does. It was also lightened up a bit. My friend in a Celica GTS lost by car LENGTHS to the same car if you can belive it.

Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 01:59 PM   #4
kyle95g20
AF Regular

i have major plans in the works. besides being about 2/3 the way to having the $ to buy my bluebird and have it installed i am probably buying a civic dx 5 spd. an 88...i plan on swapping in a b20(crv vtec) block with the b17 crank(1st gen gsr vtec)and a b16(civic si/si-r/del sol vtec) head. the displacement of a 2 liter, the wind up that only the gsr had and the tight high revving head all accompanied by the annoyingness of vtec...i expect it to blow away my g20(as long is it remains in its non turbo state) because it will have higher horse numbers and lower weight numbers. i have seen this frankenstein motor done before and i don't completely recall but it put out something like 215 horse at the wheels. i'm going to have to get the axles and brakes off of an integraso the y don't break and i can stop the thing. the only problem i will ever have with it is it will probably sound like a moped on crack.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General