Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
kanti123
AF Newbie

Got me a 1992 Paseo need help with A/C and Reciever installation and speaker.

Hi I'm new to this forum and i just got me a 1992 Toyota Paseo with 62k miles on it for 2500$. Pretty good deal, now the problem is i got a new Reciever its Dual XDM 6820 and i don't know the wiring on it. I've already try to color match it its didn't work. until i screw up and burnt out the Reciever . and the Lights indicater don't show any more. ( like the light that show you if your door open or not and such.) Now i got more problem. Another problem is that the A/C is not working, well the fans is working but it doesn't get cool any suggestion on that?. also i need to replace all the speakers too. i need your help with that. Oh and the wiring problem is there a way to fix the indicater again?. The car still start by the way. Thanks in advance
kanti123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
gator2764
AF Regular

Re: Got me a 1992 Paseo need help with A/C and Reciever installation and speaker.

Something that old is going to leak freon. Put a can of Freeze 12 in it and then check for leaks. The O-Rings around all of your AC line valves are more than likely dry rotted. NAPA sells the freeze 12 for about $14 a can. You could also have a slow leak around your evap core. Mine is like that and I just add a 10 oz can every year, cheaper than replacing the evap!!!
gator2764 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo