Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 03:30 PM   #16
Timothy Moore
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Paseo... are they fast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by icE_x
nice, i wanted to buy one but there's barely any local ones available where i live - so i had to settle for a civic
I too have a 89 Honda Civic, very reliable car, good on gas mileage, and a comfortable ride. Absolutely no problems.
Timothy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #17
gen2gst95
AF Enthusiast

Re: I love my new Paseo.

[quote=Timothy Moore]I had purchased my 1992 Toyota Paseo about 6 months ago. When I bought the car for $50, it needed a new clutch. Instead of just dropping in a new factory clutch, I relaced the whole tanny with a race quality tranny. Even with the factory engine in it, I was able to go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. This car was fast to start with, but that was not all I have done with it. After I had done my initial time test, I had then replaced the engine with a brand-new TRD racing 4 cyl. with oversized pistons and totally speced out. My next stage was to improve the suspension, which only needed a little stiffing. Now my test times are 0-60 in 2.1 seconds with a top speed of 135. My only concern with this great little sporty monster is the body weight. It tends to lift after reaching speeds of 110.

i know this post is old, but i was just searching some old forums and found this, so im gonna have to call BULLSHIT!
gen2gst95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #18
Timothy Moore
AF Newbie

Re: Re: I love my new Paseo.

[quote=gen2gst95]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Moore
I had purchased my 1992 Toyota Paseo about 6 months ago. When I bought the car for $50, it needed a new clutch. Instead of just dropping in a new factory clutch, I relaced the whole tanny with a race quality tranny. Even with the factory engine in it, I was able to go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. This car was fast to start with, but that was not all I have done with it. After I had done my initial time test, I had then replaced the engine with a brand-new TRD racing 4 cyl. with oversized pistons and totally speced out. My next stage was to improve the suspension, which only needed a little stiffing. Now my test times are 0-60 in 2.1 seconds with a top speed of 135. My only concern with this great little sporty monster is the body weight. It tends to lift after reaching speeds of 110.

i know this post is old, but i was just searching some old forums and found this, so im gonna have to call BULLSHIT!
When you spend the money, time, and labor on a 92 Toyota Paseo that I have done - Then and only then will I Listen to any comment from an idiot like you. Spend over $16,000 on upgrading your car, then we will talk and race until then try to talk about what you know and not your opinions.....
Timothy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #19
gen2gst95
AF Enthusiast

you'd have to spend a lot more than 16 g's to make any car go 0-60 in 2.1 secs. i dont think you realize how fast that is. Also, if your car really is that fast, which it isnt, it would have a top speed of way more than 135 mph.
gen2gst95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:27 PM   #20
SuperStock96
AF Regular

I agree with the BS call. I also back that up even more because when I used to live in Germany for four years, I had to take the autobahn to work everyday. Unless it was snowing or raining, I had my '92 between 110 and 120 mph for a good 10 miles and never had any problem with lift. Also if you put 16G into that car ond only raised the top speed 15mph I wouldn't be posting it in here out of embarrasment.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:54 PM   #21
93'Paseo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 93'Paseo
Ohh

Well, I'm going to have to call total BS on that 2.1 second 0-60. I've had my Paseo over a year now, and let me make this my chance to spread some of my knowledge I guess and introduce myself. First of all, I've been into modding my Paseo from every aspect for a while now. This TRD engine you were speaking of does not exist. The only things TRD makes for the Paseo are short shifters and exhausts pretty much. I know, I have called them numerous times, as well as went out to the dealer to meet them. A 2.1 0-60 in a FWD car is not happening regardless as well. Your taking your 10 second 0-60 stock on your Paseo and downsizing it to a 3.3 with just a transmission? Yea right, not happening. A Paseo has a whole 100 horsepower stock. You will never get it to run a 3.3 0-60 on that stock engine, no matter what tranny you put in the thing. And on top of that, the world's fastest Paseo with the stock complete shell and all of that stuff 1/4 mile wise is a 12.4 second 1/4 mile. They do have strictly drag Paseo's from Puerto Rico that have a Paseo shell with Rotary engine's in the that run 8 second 1/4 miles, but those aren't exactly street daily driven Paseo's. Paseo's aren't really that quick stock. Definately fun to drive tho, hence the reason I got mine, as well as the fact that I want something that will be a long term project over time. If anyone has any questions or anything, let me know, I'd be glad to try to help you. Later.
93'Paseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #22
jgdaman04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jgdaman04 Send a message via Yahoo to jgdaman04
Cool Re: I love my new Paseo.

dude i read your Quote..hey can you help find this TRD engine with over sized pistons, did you buy it like that or did you have to redo the engine....please dude help me out here...i have a 94 paseo......

please

JG
jgdaman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #23
jgdaman04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jgdaman04 Send a message via Yahoo to jgdaman04
Re: Paseo... are they fast??

i have a 94 toyota paseo, i wanted to boost it up.....or rebuilt the engine where would i go...please help
jgdaman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #24
pMpSeO
AF Newbie

there not very fast. I can beat a civic with a 1.5 sohc non-vtec but get crushed by a 1.6 sohc vtec. They do have the potential. Im about to get a header, test pipe, cams, and a 55 shot so it will get up a lot quicker plus the car is light as hell.
pMpSeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #25
Cal76
AF Newbie

Is it fast? Not really. Not when you compare it to a genuinely fast car. It does 0-60 in about 9 or 10 seconds.

It's fun though, and it gets incredible gas mileage. I have a "fast" car, and I have the Paseo. The paseo is just a hell of a lot of fun to zip around in. It's just barely over 2000lbs, it has a 100hp engine, and a tight little 5-speed. It's a lot of fun.

And it's a very reliable car. I just got mine with 140k miles on it. It has been completely neglected prior, but the little car never missed a beat. I just went over the car, top to bottom, and it's thoroughly enjoyable to drive.

Taurus or Paseo? Totally different cars. One is a four door, the other is a tiny two door. If I were buying a car for my 16 year old, I'd rather they drive the Taurus since there is so much more metal around them, and the insurance would be lower. Straight line performance is probably about the same, but the abundant interior space in the Taurus is nice- and you don't get that in the Paseo. I know I curse when I have to climb in and out of the little Toyota, and I'm just 6'1.

I'm assuming you don't mean the Taurus SHO.

Anyway. is it fast? No. Is it fun? Yes. Is it dependable? yes. Does it get around 35mpg? Yes.
Cal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 PM   #26
kcfan
AF Newbie

man i wish my 92 paseo was a 5 spd.
kcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:26 AM   #27
SuperStock96
AF Regular

Don't we all
Old 09-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #28
ktskyline
AF Newbie

I have 92 Paseo, automatic. I bought it for my temporary use till my import car business get started. I thought Paseo is a slow 1.5 liter car because I owned Skyline and Subaru 2.0 liter twin-turbo Legacy when I was in Japan.

I am surprised at Paseo's performance. It is not fast as Supras and Mustangs but it has a very good performance with 1.5L engine. 75mph driving is no problem, if you don't compare it with 240SX or any cars like that.

Gas mileage is good. Mine runs 30miles per gallon!

http://www.million-mails.com/pages/i...refid=ktsubaru
ktskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #29
97cavalier
AF Enthusiast

My borther has a 95 toyota tercel with the 1.5 dohc, and it is almost the same thing as a paseo, and like others have said, they are fun to drive, and since they are so light, they can be "quick" for a 4 cylender. But ya that is BS about that 2.8sec 0-60 thing. I have a camaro and it is hard to get a camaro to do that, that is like a drag car speed. But my brothers tercel with just a cold air intake and a muffler, he can beat the older neons, not the new style ones tho. But they are good for a first car and are good on gas, and don't need manny repairs.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
z0l0pht
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cavalier
My borther has a 95 toyota tercel with the 1.5 dohc, and it is almost the same thing as a paseo, and like others have said, they are fun to drive, and since they are so light, they can be "quick" for a 4 cylender. But ya that is BS about that 2.8sec 0-60 thing. I have a camaro and it is hard to get a camaro to do that, that is like a drag car speed. But my brothers tercel with just a cold air intake and a muffler, he can beat the older neons, not the new style ones tho. But they are good for a first car and are good on gas, and don't need manny repairs.
I'm pretty sure that Tercels only ever came with 1.4l sohcs in them. These are not fast cars, you can get them to maybe 7 seconds with a hell of a lot of work. They're fun as hell though, inexpensive, look decent, and are simply built, so it's easy as hell to modify one.
z0l0pht is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo