Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

3.4 engine intake gasket repair info.

Here is a helpful link for those undertaking the dreaded intake gasket replacement.
http://www.d-tips.com/General/Articl...sket/art10.art

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Bcelect
AF Newbie

Re: 3.4 engine intake gasket repair info.

Is there a link to the class action lawsuit filed in regard to the intake manifold gasket and dexcool repairs? If not here it is........link removed by Moderator . A claim must be filed by the end of October 2008.

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 08-23-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Bcelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcelect
Is there a link to the class action lawsuit filed in regard to the intake manifold gasket and dexcool repairs? If not here it is........link removed by Moderator . A claim must be filed by the end of October 2008.
This post doesn't belong here.

Yeah but read the fine print. Only if you had the repairs done by May 30, 2008 which has passed.

Quote:
Terms of the Settlement:

You may be eligible to receive between $50 and $800 in cash reimbursement under the settlement if you have paid for a covered repair by May 30, 2008, and if you submit a claim by October 27, 2008. If you paid for multiple covered repairs, you may be eligible to receive multiple cash reimbursements provided you submit a separate claim for each repair.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 08-23-2008 at 01:01 PM.
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
devildoc41
AF Newbie

what can you do if the gasket started leaking after the deadline?
what is recommended as a replacement to dex-cool after repairs?
devildoc41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc41
what can you do if the gasket started leaking after the deadline?
Not much. You're pretty much on your own for the cost of the repairs. The settlement was reached in court and those were the guidelines agreed to by the parties and set forth to the plaintiffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc41
what is recommended as a replacement to dex-cool after repairs?
DexCool is the recommended replacement. That is the coolant recommended, and many of the problems people try to associate with the coolant aren't really the fault of the coolant, rather other circumstances. Those being poor quality materials in gaskets, air getting into cooling system, faulty radiator caps, mixing of different coolants, or poor maintenance of cooling system.
DexCool was designed to run with these modern engines, and using something other than DexCool can damage parts.Here is a link to an article on the dangers of using a coolant other than DexCool for engines designed to run
on it: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogs...label/Dex-Cool

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
milty
AF Newbie

The link to helpful tips on replacing the intake manifold gasket is broken. Can someone please post the updated link if one exists or other helpful tips or pictures. I believe my wifes van needs a new gasket. Looks like a bitch of a job - very tight quarters and lot of components to remove.....Thanks......Milty
milty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 AM   #7
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milty View Post
The link to helpful tips on replacing the intake manifold gasket is broken. Can someone please post the updated link if one exists or other helpful tips or pictures. I believe my wifes van needs a new gasket. Looks like a bitch of a job - very tight quarters and lot of components to remove.....Thanks......Milty
I clicked on the link and it's the first article mentioned. "How to - Chevrolet 3.4 Intake Manifold Gasket. Here is the link to that article: http://www.d-tips.com/general/articl...icle.aspx?id=2

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
milty
AF Newbie

Thanks for the link. At the moment I can not locate the leak. I can't detect coolant level loss at the overflow tank - I do smell sweet coolant occasionally - I assume it's a very small leak. Some days my wife or I do not smell coolant at all. I did purchase and add Bars liquid copper coloant leak solution to the radiator- hoping it will hold off leak until sumertime when I can do gasket repair if needed. I am thinking about getting the collant system pressure tested if I continue to smell coolant. Any advice on locating the leak or thoughts on the Bars solution?
milty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6