Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
jjruiz
AF Newbie

Angry 1999 Windstar se transmission trouble

Hello, MY name is Jose. I'm the sad owner of a 1999 Ford Windstar se v6-3.8l. I bought this Vehicle because I thought it was reliable, but to my dissatisfaction the Vehicle is turning out to be a head ache. At first it was running pretty good, then I got a check engine light with the codes p0174,p0175. These codes indicate trouble with the oxygen sensors(4ea.),but this is not true it is the intake manifold upper and lower gaskets that have to be replaced cost is about $1200.00(so have job done by someone other than the dealer they are crooks. After repairing the intake manifold the codes were cleared and no more trouble there. Then on 5/8/04 the transmission broke down and left me stranded with my 2yr.old child. at only 53,000 mile I thought this was odd. I have all my fluids and oils checked and replace every time I go for an oil change, so to find myself stuck because the transmission was a surprise. well know the repair will cost upto $3000. Ford knows this problem exsists with this Vehicle and do nothing for there customers, I believe they have taken us for a ride since 1995 as I read other forums on this issue. I wish I knew better,I would have bought another van that is more reliable then this junk. Windstar buyers BEWARE of this vehicle unless you have alot of money for repairs don't buy,and to those of you who own a windstar good luck and god bless!
jjruiz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars