Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
FrankVtec88
AF Newbie

Cool Revell GN build!!!!!

I guess I'm finished another one. I kinda rushed it out of excitement to see the result, as it took me from feb 23 to march 4th....barely a week. After seeing the result, i am determined to build another one of these to perfection. After all....it is my fav car. Well, heres the build from start to finish(almost finished!).

I first glued the body together, it came in 5 pieces and i don't know why.

Next, i primered the body and sanded it down for the top coats.

I painted the parts taped to water bottles. Yea, im too cheap to afford a proper paint stand.

Interesting to note is....i was going to go flat black wheels again, like my supra. I decided to primer the chrome wheels as i did the body. But then, it turned out to be a great colour in primer! So i kept the wheels primer grey.

The interior i went with a two tone theme. Not very detailed, i painted the interior medium grey with front seats, dash, center console, and steering wheel flat black. Here is the interior unglued.

After the body was painted, and the chassis glued together, this is the result. The final coat was flat black, i saw a badass flat black turbo T and was so inspired and in awe of it that i had to recreate. Sorry didnt get time to take pics of the chassis components....like i said, it was kinda rushed. And i lost a grand national decal on the right fender! so sad! But looks shaved. hehe.

My hands were shaking from excitement when i took a shot of the engine, and also cuz my camera is horrible at taking macro shots. But here it is:

Well, there it is. The 99% finished grand national, just needs mirrors on. I'm am pretty glad i got this one done with, as i learned the strengths and pitfalls of the Revell Donks GN kit. BTW, im not a fan of donks, so i like stock.

I did visit the hobby shop today, but there was no turbo 6 GN available anymore...i think i scooped the last one! All they had was the V8 GN Donks 2 in 1 kit.....same body and exterior, but with an 8. I might as well build the V8 kit, and scrap this one and use it as a parts car.

One more thing, i slam the suspension by gluing the tires to the fenderwells. I don't really care so much about how the suspension looks, as long as it's all there i'm happy. I like slammed look on street cars, and that creates the best slam with no hassle. I got this technique by viewing someones modelling website, so I'm not going to lie about it being my original technique.

Thanks for viewing, and hope you guys enjoy your modelling!
FrankVtec88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
FrankVtec88
AF Newbie

Re: Revell GN build!!!!!

Updates...took some pics.

[IMG]http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/hphotos-ll-snc1/hs037.snc1/2667_60396165162_503550162_1990557_5138946_n.jpg
[/IMG]

In the stable.

Last edited by tonioseven; 03-06-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Picture orientation correction
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
jano11
AF Enthusiast

It's coming along nicely.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
axiom
AF Newbie

wooow! great! why did you make it gray? weren't they only available in black?
axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
FrankVtec88
AF Newbie

It's flat black, but I guess it looks like a primer grey. Well, I will start another GN project on monday, so there will def be more GN WIP pics coming up.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
buick , grand , kit , national , revell
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street