Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:22 PM   #16
WRCfan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to WRCfan Send a message via MSN to WRCfan Send a message via Yahoo to WRCfan
Re: Peugeot 205 T16

Rallymaster you are a legend! I will be building the Monte Carlo machine of Vatanen.

Let me know what you find in your Heller kit and also what I owe you for any bits and pieces

Thank-you so much for all your help!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #17
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Ok, Monte Carlo, Vatanen, excellent choice !

what you first have to know about Vatanen's car is that it started the rally with a classic black rear wing, but due to a crash it ended it with a replaced rear hatch with white wing.

next thing to know is that Monte Carlo spécifications included the additionnal brake cooling hoses

Some more views of Monte Carlo Vatanen's car

Heller kit only offers the rear wing, rest of engine is inaccurate because depicting evo1 engine...
I will try to put some more things from here and there.
Will let you know.
I will only ask shipping cost, parts will be a gift !

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #18
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

but may I ask about heller ti16 quality? have it, some say terrible, to me seems nice and full open. Need your opinion before decide if keep or sell.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #19
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegt40 View Post
but may I ask about heller ti16 quality? have it, some say terrible, to me seems nice and full open. Need your opinion before decide if keep or sell.
well, if you compare with Tamiya, regarding the age of each kit, Tamiya kills heller !

But if you want a cheap base for an Evo2, with some talent and patience and good references you'll be able to build a great model.
pity is that heller made a Evo1 engine instead of the Evo2...

anyway, even with Renaissance TK above Tamiya model you won't have a completely accurate Evo2 as engine compartment has to be rebuilt, so heller isn't a bad option.

I'm still waiting for the brand that will AT LAST understand that market needs a full, complete and accurate Evo2 model.
would be a top seller for sure... as almost any Gr. B by the way

The Following User Says Thank You to rallymaster For This Useful Post:
lovegt40 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #20
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

thank u Phil. I was also tempted maybe to use a tamiya engine part, but is as u said coming from an evo1 instead of an evo 2.
The main missing I have till now is about the wheels, but probably reneissance made theme and they can be acceptable.

what about the new model from profil24? from pics it seems a nice one and full detail. what do u think?

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #21
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegt40 View Post
thank u Phil. I was also tempted maybe to use a tamiya engine part, but is as u said coming from an evo1 instead of an evo 2.
The main missing I have till now is about the wheels, but probably reneissance made theme and they can be acceptable.

what about the new model from profil24? from pics it seems a nice one and full detail. what do u think?
You're welcome Paolo,

The T16 Tarmac wheels haven't been "totally" done, let me explain: Renaissance made them for the Pikes Peak version, but they use them with gravel tires so they used 4 front rims.
so to have a correct set you should have a larger rim for the rear.
considering that, Renaissance wheels would do the job.
They also made the "turbine" rims used in 86 Corsica for example.

concerning Profil24, I alsmost had a heartattack when realizing I missed an evo2 at Profil24 !!
it seems nice, but I have always been dissapointed by the past with their kits, good level of details, great ideas, but some big mistakes totally ununderstandable (S1 with roll cage molded Inside body, false rear bumper bottom... false narrow rear rims on sunbeam etc etc)
it could be perfect with some more attention, and it's probably perfect for most of modelers (especially if they are french ) but for me it's still behind what Luca or Roman have done these last years.
I must say that Roman's models are now my top level reference

The Following User Says Thank You to rallymaster For This Useful Post:
lovegt40 (02-05-2015)
Old 07-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #22
WRCfan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to WRCfan Send a message via MSN to WRCfan Send a message via Yahoo to WRCfan

Time to bring this one back from the dead.

The build has started! Will continue on as I am looking forward to seeing this one done. Will just be done OOB now (thanks to rallyfan for all the kind offers previously but I took too long and stuffed around). Apologies lads!

Here is how it stands currently! Tonight I will be moving indoors into the cockpit area and detailing up the wheels as they needed a couple of days to cure...

Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #23
WRCfan
AF Regular

While I am working on the interior of the Pug, here are a few shots of the completed rear end. I have gone with a more sedate detailing here, was keen to add the brake cooling but materials are limited (as are my scratch building abilities) haha.

I hope I have done the rear end justice, a wee bit more detail has been added so when you look through the hatch it looks busier than before.

Currently working on the seats, more to follow tonight.

Before it all came together...

Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #24
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Excllent work done on the engine and rear end !

Old 07-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #25
WRCfan
AF Regular

Hi everyone.
A wee bit more progress but everything I have posted recently has gone by the way side as Photobucket decided to crap the bed on image hosting.

Am now running with a new place so fingers crossed they stay up.
Cockpit is done, I just added a wee bit of wiring and some 1999 Mitsi Evo harnesses to the seats rather than painting horrible spindly ones on. Decals on the rollcage cracked around the edges quite badly so am super worried now about the body ones.

If they turn to custard, does anyone know of a place that does new 3rd party decals for this Pug? I checked Spotmodel but no luck there. Any help would be appreciated!

Onto the updates:

Old 07-24-2017, 03:41 AM   #26
Niro750
AF Regular

Spray the remaining decals with a few coats of microscale liquid decal film. Should stop any cracking issues.
Niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #27
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

If you really have troubles with your decals let me know, I may have spare ones.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #28
WRCfan
AF Regular

Cheers guys!

I have just ordered some Micro liquid decal film to pop on them. These particular decals are from the 2000 release so stand a slightly better chance of working than the 86 edition ones.

Will certainly keep you posted. Will continue with the kit as much as I can while I wait for that to arrive in the post.

In the mean time I see that the original car has sold at auction last year and I did hear 1.16 million as the final price tag. Here was the auction details:

http://rmsothebys.com/mc16/monaco/lo...roup-b/1078910

Updates soon!
Old 08-06-2017, 02:58 AM   #29
WRCfan
AF Regular

After saving the original decals, we are almost there. Just need to complete the mudflaps and lightpod, although those can come later on. Need to work out how to do the mudflaps so they looks semi-realistic.

Coming soon, completed photos!

In the mean time, a sneak peak of where it sits currently.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports